·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

1 recommendation

reply to TheTechGuru

Re: My addition will take almost 2 miles of Cat 6

said by TheTechGuru:

Soon your microwave, refrigerator, and washing machine will be connected to CAT5/RJ45.

I tend to believe either hardwired or wireless, but my expectation is many large appliances will be net connected in the future. I'd like a fridge that could scan rfid products to provide inventory, meal suggestions, text family members when low on staples and let us know when something is near or past expiration date.

My home is likely to have in excess of 100 Cat 6 cable runs in it, all terminating in a common area above the server / router wall cabinet.

I wish PoE could run lights or low power PC's. I believe for fast, reliable streaming and connectivity, wired is better than wireless, but the house will have a number of PoE wireless access points built in as well.

4 thermostats are Z-Wave, and I'm trying a Z-wave door lock. I'd like to try a facial recognition system that works with alarm systems, the alarm protocol can be processed by Homeseer if I had time to write an application for it.
--
"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." - Milton Friedman"

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·ooma
·Verizon Broadban..
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable

said by pandora:

I wish PoE could run lights or low power PC's. I believe for fast, reliable streaming and connectivity, wired is better than wireless, but the house will have a number of PoE wireless access points built in as well.

It can. We use PoE to energize our VDI terminals at work.