Caution - Newbie Alert LinuxMint
Premium
join:2012-02-14
Lasalle, QC
Reviews:
·AcroVoice

1 edit

[Voip.ms] v. [Anveo]

Can someone explain why voip.ms is having problems and anveo is not?

Isn't it all the same? Voip.ms has many servers in NA while anveo only has a few - how can voip.ms be having trouble with so many servers and anveo not with so few?

Is voip.ms so much bigger than anveo & that causes problems?

Thanks.
--
Rob.
Blog: »googlevoiceforcanadians.com/

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
join:2008-07-21
kudos:3

Re: [Voip.ms] toronto upgrade complete?

We're not having "so many servers with trouble"

Yes we're bigger than Anveo. We've been in the business since 2007 I would hope that our reputation goes past some servers experiencing issues in December 2012. We also had a DDoS in December, and so did Anveo for longer than us.

Chicago is *not* "hiccuping like crazy, there are about 300 active calls on that location at the moment, we would get many more reports if it was that bad. However this destination will also receive a capacity update next week.

We've have learned from our mistakes and will be proactively upgrading our capacity way ahead of time in the future. We ported around 2,000 numbers in 2 weeks during the "LNP Promo" when they all completed it created a boom on some of our POP's. However, the situation is way less problematic than a few threads would lead you to believe. Your mileage may vary.
--
Martin - VoiP.ms

RobThompson
Premium
Lasalle, QC
Reviews:
·AcroVoice
Too bad that VoIP.ms didn't adopt their 'proactive' policies before they offered their "LNP Promo".

I went to Anveo after I had problems with their Montreal server - they said that there was nothing wrong. A few weeks later there was a post on their web site that 'the problems with our Montreal server has been resolved' - makes you wonder, doesn't it.

I don't know but it seems like they have a bigger 'management' problem than they do a 'server' problem.
--
Rob.

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP

2 edits
I was just trying to participate in a mature discussion, but if you've set your goal on bashing us, and post opinions instead of facts, go ahead. I will not be part of it though. Try to not ruin the OP thread however, that's not very respectful, and doesn't bring anything useful to the community.

PS: Your Canadian flag proportions are wrong.

Regards,
--
Martin - VoiP.ms

RobThompson
Premium
Lasalle, QC
Sorry if I offended you but you were 'spinning'.
--
Rob.

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP

1 edit
said by RobThompson:

Sorry if I offended you but you were 'spinning'.

Again, you assume I got offended. No offense taken at all, I wasn't spinning. We are indeed much bigger than Anveo. You asked the question, I replied. Many companies are bigger than us. I just, simply, answered your question. Your reply leads me to beleive t hat you didn't actually ask a question, but just wanted to make a statement.

I was offering a sincere explanation and wanted to discuss things that no other company will ever be able to discuss openly, which you promptly attacked with resentment. You didn't contribute to the thread. What did you expect me to do, Applaud you? have a nice evening anyway, I'm going to watch a movie with my wife.

Regards,
--
Martin - VoiP.ms