roach9

join:2005-04-10
Surrey, BC
reply to Foggy

Re: [BC] TELUS High Speed Turbo 25 Usage being reduced 50%

Yep.

Talked to Telus rep.
This is happening.

I even checked online and looked at "Recently Viewed Usage Reminders" and you can see that they're just about set to turn this on.

Absolutely terrible news.

Ternerito

join:2002-08-31
GVA
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

Strange. I guess it depends who you speak to. When I called yesterday to cancel my telus service, I made sure to explain that the reason for that was the upcoming caps.

At first I was told that I might have been thinking of UBB, and that was scrapped. Explained this was different, and that notices went up both on the telus web site and on my online bill.

After a few minutes wait, the rep came back assuring me that yes, the caps were actually being reduced, but they were NOT going to be enforced, not now, not ever! She went on and added that telus could not do that (charge for exceeding the caps) "even if they wanted"...

I felt compelled to point out that the service agreement gives telus the right to do pretty much whatever they want, which they are. Also asked her what was the point of lowering the caps (and start showing the data usage on the bill), if the caps were not going to be enforced, but there was no answer to that.

StarBuck

join:2011-01-16
Port Coquitlam, BC

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight , Telus are just poking the hornets nest , by cutting caps, but have no intention of of ever enforcing those caps....
I mean it makes perfect sense to piss off a good number of customers who've just signed up for 50/10 or 25/3 for no reason..

Seems logical to me.

Oh and Telus have no way of charging overages .... gee .. really ?

Things that make you say mmmmmhhhh.

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw

said by StarBuck:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight , Telus are just poking the hornets nest , by cutting caps, but have no intention of of ever enforcing those caps....
I mean it makes perfect sense to piss off a good number of customers who've just signed up for 50/10 or 25/3 for no reason..

Seems logical to me.

Oh and Telus have no way of charging overages .... gee .. really ?

Things that make you say mmmmmhhhh.

They do like to poke the hornets nest. How many years has it been since the posted the overage fees. Have they charged them yet? Nope.

Telus is a bit wierd this way. They have the infrastructre and don't really need to worry about caps. There at a bit of a speed disadvantage to their competion. Yet the fell the need to post caps and overage fees (even though they aren't enforced).

Imagine of Telus dropped it, and put unlimited in all of their advertising.. I've never understood why they don't.

bluenote73

join:2009-02-17
V4N6A5

Because they take the (very) long view