robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin to Jack_in_VA

Mod

to Jack_in_VA

Re: Refrigerator water connection - saddle valve alternative

It is not my opinion that many plumbing codes do not allow saddle valves. It is fact.

[edit] Most people would call an electrician to install a new outlet in a new location. Same with running a new water line. This is no different.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by robbin:

It is not my opinion that many plumbing codes do not allow saddle valves. It is fact.

It is also fact that many local electrical codes do not allow the homeowner/renter to do any electrical work either. It is also a fact this is widely ignored by millions. An illegally installed saddle valve is no different than an illegally installed receptacle is it?

You're just arguing for the sake of it.
Jack_in_VA

Jack_in_VA to robbin

Premium Member

to robbin
said by robbin:

Most people would call an electrician to install a new outlet in a new location. Same with running a new water line. This is no different.

You can determine from this forum that that statement is not factual. Many can and do run their own electrical.
Expand your moderator at work

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin to Jack_in_VA

Mod

to Jack_in_VA

said by Jack_in_VA:

You're just arguing for the sake of it.

Who's arguing for the sake of it? You made a public statement which I disagreed with and I posted my disagreement. Now it appears that you are arguing that millions violate code and that therefore it is OK to do so. I have no problem if you want to violate code, but I do have a problem if you recommend that others do so on this public forum.

In any case, glad the OP found a proper device to hook up their second refrigerator. Having a second fridge is nice, but having ice in it is even nicer!
Expand your moderator at work

Bruschi
Premium Member
join:2001-04-16
Cape Cod

Bruschi

Premium Member

said by Lurch77:

The click you speak of, actually clique, may be true, but I'm certainly not part of it. Not in this forum anyway

Thats because there are no sheep

PeeWee
Premium Member
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA

1 recommendation

PeeWee to Anon

Premium Member

to Anon
said by Lurch77:

said by Jack_in_VA:

You think you can just jump in and throw your punch don't you? I wonder if you have the balls in person? I doubt it. This forum has a couple of overly clickish members that will one way or another force compliance with them or get the mods to do it for them.

I'm not sure what this is. Some kind of dumb comment because you know you'll never meet me, I guess. It would be fun, though, I'm sure.

The click you speak of, actually clique, may be true, but I'm certainly not part of it. Not in this forum anyway.

P.S. Take note of how often you end up in disagreement with others in this forum. It's not everyone else.

+1