join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE
kudos:21

1 recommendation

reply to La Luna

Re: line monitor keeps disappearing.

said by La Luna:

said by zurk:

hello ? its a line monitor. you exist if your IP is pingable.
My restrictions would be that it should work as long as your IP is active and pingable, if not login once every 30 days to verify.
logging in every 30 days if the IP is pingable is ridiculous. i usually browse and post anon and have no need to login at all.

So you want anyone and everyone to be able to use the line monitor function (and resources) of this site, whether they are a participating (logging in occasionally) member or not? That makes no sense.

Most people (including him, I imagine) are paying a recurring fee to use it. Why should they have to log in? I don't have to log in to my Charter account every month to keep my cable service.
--
»[Info] The DSLR Orangeface extension 2.0!

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 recommendation

said by Weirdal:

Most people (including him, I imagine) are paying a recurring fee to use it. Why should they have to log in? I don't have to log in to my Charter account every month to keep my cable service.

Actually, he's on a free group monitor:

... then it auto adds to the group.

--
***ATMFAQ***DIFAQ***Kitchen Sink***

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to Weirdal
This isn't an ISP, it's a privately run website. The rules say if you/he want to take advantage of a FREE line monitor, you have to login every 30 days. So be it, whether you or he think it's stupid or not. Take it or leave it. I don't see what the big deal about logging in every 30 days is anyway.

Weirdal
Premium
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE
kudos:21

1 recommendation

reply to tmpchaos
said by tmpchaos:

said by Weirdal:

Actually, he's on a free group monitor:

... then it auto adds to the group.

Well nevermind please ignore all my posts in this thread because I'm dumb.
--
»[Info] The DSLR Orangeface extension 2.0!