Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ikarasu

join:2004-01-09
Port Coquitlam, BC

Any updates for out west?

Telus is offering 50MB service now.

Shaw is offering 100, and 250 MB service.

I thought speed matching was supposed to be near instant, after all these CRTC fights. Any idea when these services will be available?

I know west is on the backburner compared to east... but any chance into looking into it / getting us some pricing? ;P With Telus halfing their bandwidth caps, I'm looking to switch. And I'd like the fastest speed possible!

jtl999
CEO of Actiontec Dev Team

join:2012-11-24
In the GVRD
kudos:4
I would wait until it is officially announced on the TELUS website.

Ikarasu

Port Coquitlam, BC
the halfing bandwidth? it was officially announced. And theyve been mailing out notices to everyone. Either way, I like Teksavvy and their unlimited plan is worth the startup costs/switch, even if it costs more.. if I can get the same speed.

RandalIT
FTTB

join:2012-07-26
Calgary, AB
reply to Ikarasu
I am curious to this as well, I know Telus does offer the new speed via the website you just have to order it to see it as their main page has not been updated yet.

clarknova

join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB
kudos:7
reply to Ikarasu
I hope this isn't too much of a hijack, but I'd really like to know when we'll see some ipv6 action out west.
--
db

Ikarasu

Port Coquitlam, BC
Hijack all you want

One of the reasons I didn't stick with TS was because I felt like out west, it was a case of the left hand didn't know what the right was doing. They provided TONS of info for easterners - But for West... it was always "We're unaware". Someone in the Telus forum asked in Direct chat, and was told they didnt even know Telus or Shaw got higher speeds yet, so they werent able to say when they'd match

With the new CRTC rules (I'm presuming it works out west, as east, plus I heard shaw is eager in helping / speedmatching with wholesalers), I don't see what the hold up is.

I'm someone whos always on the latest / greatest internet. When they had speedmatching, I was with TS for a year - Then Telus got 25M internet... 2 months past, nothing from TS, so I switched. Not sure when TS for it after that... but since then, Telus upped to 50M, And shaw upped to 100M over a year ago, and no matching.

Price / bandwidth wise, TS blows the competition out of the water. Speedwise... it's a bit lacking though. I'm anxious to switch back, I just wish this one flaw was fixed.

clarknova

Grande Prairie, AB
I would be annoyed too, if Telus offered anything more than 6/1 in my community. But they don't, so all I can do is crab about ipv6 now and then.
--
db

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:25
reply to Ikarasu
Hi guys,

As for Telus/Shaw, we do not currently have anything on the works however it doesn't mean that its not on our radar.

Cheers,

Andre

Ikarasu

Port Coquitlam, BC
Any ETA on when you will?

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:25
I don't currently have an ETA but if I had to guess... I would say next few months (3-4).

This is a shot in the dark...

speeditup

@74.198.150.x
reply to Ikarasu
I just want a service with a faster upload than I currently have, and it would very much be a case of »i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ··· /acb.jpg

Telus supposedly has 50/10 service in my area, and I'd really rather give that money to TekSavvy, but I can't do it if they're not providing it

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer County, AB
reply to Ikarasu
Like already stated, us out in the west in a small blimp on the radar. Their main focus is Ontario/Quebec.

spock

join:2012-07-08
reply to clarknova
Tsi ipv6 works great

Old Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
kudos:33
reply to clarknova
Hi Clarknova,

IPv6 is enabled for Telus DSL users. It's automatically assigning IPv6 IP's as long as you have a compatible device.

Martin

clarknova

Grande Prairie, AB
That's great news. Thanks for the update.
--
db

ikawork

@wind.ca
reply to TSI Andre
Who do I have to bribe for it to get done sooner? ;p

Now would be the perfect time. With Telus cutting bandwidth in half, a lot of people are looking to jump ship. I've mentioned ts a few times to people, and a lot seem interested.

Tbh, I'll probably switch over anyways. Bit I hate knowing I'll be paying a change in service fee for an upgrade that's already available ;p

mactalla

join:2008-02-19
kudos:1
reply to spock
Is it working for you behind a router? Last I tried it (when they first flipped the switch out West) it was only working for a single device. Or rather, IIRC, it would only route for each device that asked their server directly for an IP. Which ruled out getting a /64 and having machines configure themselves with a simple radvd setup. The router would need to proxy all that configuration traffic :P

So I went back to my tunnel and haven't heard a whisper that anything had changed. I'd like to skip the tunnel if they've now got that working.

fluffybunny

@layer7tech.com
reply to speeditup
100 meg service out west :

spectrum

join:2011-01-14
said by fluffybunny :

100 meg service out west :

And this relates to Teksavvy, how?

You might as well post speed tests for Novus, or a data centre while you're at it.

Ikarasu

Port Coquitlam, BC
Never even heard of westel, r any provider offering 67 (probably 100?) upload.

Is this residential?