spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

S25onic

join:2009-11-16
reply to Boop

Re: If TekSavvi doesn't fight on Jan 14th, I'm leaving them.

Am I the only one who isn't going to switch to another ISP?

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by S25onic:

I don't think it's so much against TSI, i think people are sending a message. Can't send half payments to send the message. You can post till your face turns blue on here, and won't send the same message. Leaving an ISP in large numbers, now that sends a pretty good message.

Each to their own, doesn't mean anyone else will protect them but TSI is the target at the present moment. So leaving Teksavvy seems to be their message.

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to S25onic
said by S25onic:

I think that if TSI loses face by inaction (or by just tossing their hands up saying, "it's the law nothing we can do"), then yeah. I can see people leaving. After-all, what difference would there be between TSI or distributel who also raised no legal challenge? Or Bell for that matter.

No difference, all the same.

It would be a rather far run from the Rocky-run TSI of the past.

As stated (or rather hinted) by the copyright lawyer a few posts above (Knopf), TSI has an opportunity to write their own history here and live up to their reputation that Rocky created.

quote:
Will feisty, progressive Teksavvy, the ISP that has built its reputation on being customer-friendly, actually stand up and fight for its customers’ “privacy” without taking sides on “piracy”?
-Howard Knopf
»www.excesscopyright.blogspot.ca/···-in.html

So while you won't be the only one not moving, other will be since there is no difference being with Bell or a mini-Bell. All the same.

This is what Teksavvy is now creating by what they have stated and not done since it started. And by letting CIPPIC (which I have no faith in, and which this type lawsuit is basically Geists wet-dream going on) handle it.

Hope they get used to their new reputation while they destroy the old reputation (which has already been done in my eyes 2 years ago anyhow).

But, in personal point of view, it seems like they are just stacking the deck to let Geist (via cippic) have his wet-dream fulfilled and if it fails they are going to come out swinging. If not...

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

1 recommendation

reply to S25onic
said by S25onic:

I won't be.. But I will be in court for all the hearings.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP