how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
kudos:1

Fixed LTE for business

One of my clients has a small office out in the boonies, but VZW LTE is available. Right now their 2 or 3 users have a tenuous setup with a tethered iphone, and so I'm looking at moving them up to something more permanent. Homefusion comes back as available for their address, but I can't make heads or tails of whether or not Verizon will install that at a business location.

If Homefusion is not installable at a business, what are our other options?

isp10002

join:2012-10-24
If you life in a apartment above the 1st floor they will not install it so they will be able to install it for you

danry25
Premium
join:2008-05-21
Seattle, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Oedipus
Millenicom offers a $70 a month plan with 20gb of LTE or 3g data over Verizon's network, which is $20 a month cheaper than what Verizon wants for 20gb of LTE data. You'll get equal to or better coverage with the MiFi Millenicom offers, so you would be likely fine if your VZ iPhone 5 gets LTE coverage.

Oedipus

said by isp10002:

If you life in a apartment above the 1st floor they will not install it so they will be able to install it for you

It's actually a 2 story office.

said by danry25:

Millenicom offers a $70 a month plan with 20gb of LTE or 3g data over Verizon's network, which is $20 a month cheaper than what Verizon wants for 20gb of LTE data. You'll get equal to or better coverage with the MiFi Millenicom offers, so you would be likely fine if your VZ iPhone 5 gets LTE coverage.

That's not much of a step up over the tethered iphone. The cost per GB isn't an issue here; I just want permanency.

morbo
Complete Your Transaction

join:2002-01-22
Did you end up doing this for your business client?

TexasRebel

join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX
reply to Oedipus
I would say just install it under your client's name and don't say anything about it being for a business. I figure as long as they don't have any web servers running on the connection, they should be ok. Just hope that they can stay below 30GB for approx $140 a month including the monthly warranty, taxes and fees. Hitting 50GB will send the monthly bill at nearly $350... in $200 of overage charges. $10 per 1GB is a good VZW a$$ reaming...

Oedipus

said by morbo:

Did you end up doing this for your business client?

Not yet. We're focusing on some new server hardware and a major software upgrade for their main office.

said by TexasRebel:

I would say just install it under your client's name and don't say anything about it being for a business. I figure as long as they don't have any web servers running on the connection, they should be ok. Just hope that they can stay below 30GB for approx $140 a month including the monthly warranty, taxes and fees. Hitting 50GB will send the monthly bill at nearly $350... in $200 of overage charges. $10 per 1GB is a good VZW a$$ reaming...

That's a good idea, thanks. This is one of those "just do it" type of clients, so price is no issue. There would be very little traffic anyway.

buckweet1980

join:2011-12-31
Allen, TX
Another option you can look at is using a cradlepoint router which uses the USB data cards. They typically allow for remote antenna installations too.

These are considered permanent implementations.

»www.cradlepoint.com/