Kipper63
Premium Member
join:2012-12-30
Nashville, TN

Kipper63 to dod1450

Premium Member

to dod1450

Re: ATT U-Verse Support

The latest revenue enhancement strategy at AT&T U-Verse appears to be to dumb down the Tier 2 Support staff, then sell an additional support contract to allow customers access to reps trained the way Tier 2 used to be and ought to be trained.

How fast can I switch? Oh, wait. To whom can I switch?

I called Tier 2 Support, and requested a reset of my IP and a manual for the VDSL Modem they provided for the U-Verse High Speed Internet Service. The representative stated, "There is no possible way I can provide a manual for the modem. I am not provided a manual. Also, there is absolutely no way I can reset your IP. It is impossible to reset your IP." The rep explained she could only support what she was trained for, but added she did want me to know there was another technical support team that actually was trained in the issues at hand. ConnecTech, for a 12 month contract fee commitment, could help me with the settings questions addressed in the apparently top secret, unavailable VDSL modem manual.

Are you kidding?

No way.

Really. It was that bad.
UverseTech2
join:2012-08-04

UverseTech2

ConnectTech are sub contractors these days, and they are not specifically trained or certified. They just dispatch on the next job, and most would not know how to go to the VRAD call MLAC and swap ports to get the new IP. ATT uses the sticky method of IP assignments, so unless a port swap is done you will have the same IP

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

My IP changed when I switched my modem.
UverseTech2
join:2012-08-04

UverseTech2

It will change with a new modem but the Connecttech contractors do not carry Uverse equipment. They are a value added service meaning everything is theoretically up and running fine and they do not swap uverse gear. They are typically dispatched for networking setup as well as AV devices.

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson to Kipper63

Premium Member

to Kipper63
Kidding? No

Welcome to more Corporate America

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984 to UverseTech2

Premium Member

to UverseTech2
said by UverseTech2:

It will change with a new modem but the Connecttech contractors do not carry Uverse equipment. They are a value added service meaning everything is theoretically up and running fine and they do not swap uverse gear. They are typically dispatched for networking setup as well as AV devices.

I just posted to let Kipper63 know that if he really wanted to change his IP he can just get another modem like from craiglist or ebay.