how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

familypizza

join:2013-01-07
reply to prairiesky

Re: [AB] BB50 and shaw a waste of time if you want to use netfli

dug this one up because i'm having the same issue since switching to shaw.

Forwarding ports as a solution doesn't make sense for 2 reasons... #1, you are not hosting anything... you are accessing a service, no ports need to be forwarded. Can you imagine if all netflix users had to piss around forwarding ports to get it to not be complete garbage???

#2, I didn't have this issue with my past ISP using netflix for the last year with them...

I almost wonder if shaw is somehow degrading the netflix service in order to make it's own offering look more attractive :S

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer, AB
said by familypizza:

dug this one up because i'm having the same issue since switching to shaw.

Forwarding ports as a solution doesn't make sense for 2 reasons... #1, you are not hosting anything... you are accessing a service, no ports need to be forwarded. Can you imagine if all netflix users had to piss around forwarding ports to get it to not be complete garbage???

#2, I didn't have this issue with my past ISP using netflix for the last year with them...

I almost wonder if shaw is somehow degrading the netflix service in order to make it's own offering look more attractive :S

What hardware are you using? Speeds on the line good? What DNS are you using? Need more info....

I can stream netflix on 3 devices without issues, so I can guarantee Shaw is not purposely degrading Netflix. The issue is elsewhere. Provide some more info and we can help narrow down the issue.

ravenchilde

join:2011-04-01
kudos:2
reply to familypizza
said by familypizza:

This isn't being done.