spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

chumley

@rogers.com

[Extreme] Brigdging Rogers Hitron with an EnGenius router

I have recently changed from Bell to Rogers. Bell used a modem and after install I found that Rogers uses a modem/router. I have an EnGenius ESR600H router that worked above and beyond and I still want to use it. We have tried to bridge this unit with the Rogers Hitron modem/router but with no success. With the Hitron unit we are lucky to get a signal beyond the doors of our home office. So much for speed when you can't even get a signal. My question then is this: Can the Engenius work with the Hitron model? Rogers says that they can see my router but my router won 't pick up the signal from their Hitron unit.

JAC70

join:2008-10-20
canada

Do you mean wireless bridging or the Hitron is in bridge mode?

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

4 edits
reply to chumley

Click for full size
Converting Hitron CGN2 Bridge Mode
Place the Hitron in BRIDGE mode and use your EnGenius ESR600H router and you should be good to go.

If you do not know how to place the Hitron in Bridge mode just call Rogers Tech support and they will be happy to place the Hitron in BRIDGE mode.

Or follow my instructions assuming your Hitron is the CGN2 model:
Under the Capability Setting area REMOVE the check marks from the following 4 areas: [shown in the graphic above]
Residential Gateway Function
UPnP
HNAP
USB
Then click the Apply button. The Hitron should reboot -- takes approximately 2 minutes then wait an additional 2 minutes THEN connect your EnGenius ESR600H Internet Port to any of the Hitron LAN ports and power up your EnGenius router.

You can read the Hitron CGN2 user Guide --- see page 42 - 43 where I found the directions posted above.

racebyu

join:2013-01-22
Mississauga, ON

1 edit
reply to chumley

If I kill the wireless in the Hitron and using my own E2500 router as the Hitron unit has no range do you have to put in bridged mode?
If I put my E2500 router on the system I can get out and access the net the way it is.
So what is the bridge mod doing other then killing the wireless in the unit?

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

said by racebyu:

[1] So what is the bridge mod doing other then killing the wireless in the unit?

[2] If I kill the wireless in the Hitron and using my own E2500 router as the Hitron unit has no range do you have to put in bridged mode?

[1] Bridge mode means that only the cable modem functions work --- all other extraneous functions like router, wireless, DHCP, LAN switch, etc. are disabled.
[2] Yes -- in bridge mode.