uniqs
share rss forum feed

milnoc

join:2001-03-05
H3B
kudos:2
reply to Wolfie00

Re: Days of Supposed Deals (Business) Start today

If I had the money, I *might* have gotten the 15R in the last set of deals. Loaded with Win 7 Pro, I believe they were selling it for as low as $330.

I say *might* because I prefer the sub-12" "Netbook" form factor without the optical drive. Much more convenient when on the road and your work space is severely limited.

said by Anav:

How bout a 120gb SSD for $457.

WTF?!?

--
Watch my future television channel's public test broadcast!
»thecanadianpublic.com/live

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
Now down to $164, they didnt have the discounts up yet, now it seems they do. LOL

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8
reply to milnoc
said by milnoc:

If I had the money, I *might* have gotten the 15R in the last set of deals. Loaded with Win 7 Pro, I believe they were selling it for as low as $330.

I don't think so, and I've been following them pretty closely. Maybe one of the old Linux Vostros, or even one of the older Inspiron 15's, but I don't think a 15R has ever been under $499, and that's with Win7 Home Premium, not Pro. The lack of decent discounts on them has been really annoying.

milnoc

join:2001-03-05
H3B
kudos:2
It might not have been the 15R, but the specs on the machine that was offered were more than good enough for what I wanted to do with it, and Win 7 Pro was only a $30 extra. The only problem with it (aside from my lack of cash) was that it was just too big. I sometimes need to bring my computer with me in very tight spaces.

That's why I'm still using my Asus 1000HE netbook, now with an SSD. I could have it resting on a small table next to a wood chip dumper with the hopper vibrator active, and it won't be affected.
--
Watch my future television channel's public test broadcast!
»thecanadianpublic.com/live