how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

back2games

@distributel.net

Commute time from Oshawa to North York

Hello Everyone,

Thinking of buying property in Oshawa near Taunton. My work is in North York; therefore I am wondering, how much time it would take to travel from Taunton, Oshawa to North York (Lets say Seneca College) during early mornings between 6 and 7. My work starts at 8:00 and I plan to take 401.

Is this advisable or should I look for property closer to Toronto like Pickering.

blowe46

join:2005-01-24
I would estimate about one hour during peak times.

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to back2games
Easy route is 401 to 404 and off at Finch. Without traffic Google says that would be 45 minutes. The 407 is actually longer, almost 50 minutes (not to mention the cost).

In traffic, you can easily add more to that. In the afternoon south from Finch to 401 could take 15 minutes alone (5 without traffic).

So, it all depends on how long you are willing to drive.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.
Expand your moderator at work

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to back2games

Re: Commute time from Oshawa to North York

You will get jammed at Westney, Brock or Whites Rd at 7am. If you are north Oshawa avoid the 401 and go 407.
Expand your moderator at work

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to back2games

Re: Commute time from Oshawa to North York

Go across Tauton, it's not fast like the 401, but saves the trouble of coming down to the 401, fighting the invetible traffic, and then having to fightbthe 404 up to Finch.

Not to mention the bottleneck going southbound at Fairview Mall where the highway splits to segregate the 401 bound traffic from the DVP traffic.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by elwoodblues:

Go across Tauton, it's not fast like the 401, but saves the trouble of coming down to the 401, fighting the invetible traffic, and then having to fightbthe 404 up to Finch.

Not to mention the bottleneck going southbound at Fairview Mall where the highway splits to segregate the 401 bound traffic from the DVP traffic.

North 404 in morning is not bad past Sheppard. South in the afternoon it is bad. It is like extra people have gone north during the day and all come south in the afternoon.
--

BigSensFan
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON
kudos:1
reply to peterboro
said by peterboro:

You will get jammed at Westney, Brock or Whites Rd at 7am. If you are north Oshawa avoid the 401 and go 407.

I live in North Whitby... the road does not usually back up until after Morningside (unless there is alot of snow or an accident)
--
"The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by BigSensFan:

said by peterboro:

I live in North Whitby... the road does not usually back up until after Morningside (unless there is alot of snow or an accident)

By "alot of snow" can mean 2 cm in Toronto
--

BigSensFan
Premium
Whitby, ON
said by donoreo:

said by BigSensFan:

said by peterboro:

By "alot of snow" can mean 2 cm in Toronto

true...

For me to get from Taunton and Brock in Whitby to Vic Park and Lawrence around 7am takes me around 40-60 mins

ON a Sunday morning it is 30-35
--
"The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by BigSensFan:

true...

For me to get from Taunton and Brock in Whitby to Vic Park and Lawrence around 7am takes me around 40-60 mins

You work at ToysRus?
--

BigSensFan
Premium
Whitby, ON
said by donoreo:

said by BigSensFan:

true...

You work at ToysRus?

ha ha I wish that would be a blast

I pastor a church on Curlew Drive (just north of that intersection)
--

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by BigSensFan:

said by donoreo:

said by BigSensFan:

true...

You work at ToysRus?

ha ha I wish that would be a blast

I pastor a church on Curlew Drive (just north of that intersection)

I thought it was one in the area. ToysRus does sound more fun I cut down Curlew Drive going home sometimes to avoid traffic at Vic Park and Lawrence.
--

Devanchya
Smile
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Ajax, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to back2games
The major roadblock right now continues to be Brock Street in Whitby, that is where the first major slow down occurs. You then stick on the Collectors through to the DVP area and get off there.
Total time from Oshawa to Pickering is about 30 minutes to 45 minutes depending on how "bad" Whitby is. Note they are planning on moving the express lanes past oshawa "soon" and so no clue about contruction times.

Pickering to North York is 10-40 minutes depending on traffic
--
»www.codecipher.com - Marking the way to tomorrow's solutions -- Did you know that Perl is not Dead? »perlisalive.org/

Devanchya
Smile
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Ajax, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to elwoodblues
I would stay off Tauton personally in the morning/evening rush. It's REALLY getting Jammed lately, expecially with the 407 / Highway 7 work that is going on. Rossland Road is going to be torn up next summer from Harwood all the way to Brock Road (notice not Street) and that will put a lot more traffic up to Tauton as well.
--
»www.codecipher.com - Marking the way to tomorrow's solutions -- Did you know that Perl is not Dead? »perlisalive.org/

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to back2games
Take away from this thread:

"It depends...."

BigSensFan
Premium
Whitby, ON
reply to Devanchya
said by Devanchya:

I would stay off Tauton personally in the morning/evening rush. It's REALLY getting Jammed lately, expecially with the 407 / Highway 7 work that is going on. Rossland Road is going to be torn up next summer from Harwood all the way to Brock Road (notice not Street) and that will put a lot more traffic up to Tauton as well.

Take Taunton until Brock in Pickering then go south and get the 401 ... the traffic does not get slow on Taunton until after that point
--

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to BigSensFan
said by BigSensFan:

said by peterboro:

I'll defer to your expertise but I've found no rhyme nor reason for the 401 to get backed up. It could be a sunny day and someone spits in the ditch and whole highway goes to hell.

Last Parade

join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON
reply to back2games
Taunton is also getting slower because of all the new development and signals that are being put in.

BigSensFan
Premium
Whitby, ON
reply to peterboro
said by peterboro:

said by BigSensFan:

said by peterboro:

I'll defer to your expertise but I've found no rhyme nor reason for the 401 to get backed up. It could be a sunny day and someone spits in the ditch and whole highway goes to hell.

Rubber neckers are the cause of traffic jams most of the time ... it is infuriating
--