how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fishacura

join:2008-01-25
Phoenixville, PA

Getting a new router (Rev D currently)

I would like to get a new router as I have a really old revision that doesn't support higher wireless speeds.

Will this be something Verizon will charge me for or change my package for or can I just call and exchange my router for a newer one?

Anyone done this recently?
--
People who don't get good service on average tell 10 others while people who do get good service on average tell 1.

fieroloki

join:2007-07-29
Van Alstyne, TX
You can always request one, but no way to know what version router you will get. They send whatever they have.

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9
reply to fishacura
said by fishacura:

I would like to get a new router as I have a really old revision that doesn't support higher wireless speeds.

Depends on what you consider newer. Call the nearest FiOS store and ask them what model they have in stock. Store nearest me stocks Rev.F and would exchange any Actiontec, no questions asked. At least, that was status last August, and I'm assuming they would look me up to see I am a current customer.

Not sure what you would get by requesting one. Likely they would encourage you to buy the current latest model, but that's what? 100 or 139 or whatever.

If you called it in as a trouble and ensured their remote diagnostics failed (nudge, nudge, wink, wink), you'd get anywhere from a Rev.F to a Rev.I, probably closer towards the F. That part's a crap shoot. Would probably be more likely to get the Rev.I if you were 150/65 or 300/75, although I think that's still a crap shoot.

If you saw a tech in a truck on a service call, he may likely have some controlled inventory (Rev.I) but may have some loose, uncontrolled inventory (Rev.F).