Like a flea circus at a dog show

join:2000-01-05
Quincy, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

[Rant] YouTube "Real Name" Popup

So, I'm getting ready to comment on a video. I press one key & it bothers me (one again!) about switching my channel to my real name. I've already had this happen four times. And every time, I've specified that I do not wish to do so. So why must they be a PITA?
--
Life is like a klutz in a nitro plant: one wrong slip & it's all over!

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

Has to do with Google+ I think.

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to Madness

I'm too annoyed by this. I wish to remain anonymous when I post comments because I don't feel like I have to defend what I said 15 years from now.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:3
reply to Madness

I have not seen any such popup.

Then again, I've disabled and blocked Google+ on all of my Google/YouTube accounts, so that might be why.

Jim Gurd
Premium
join:2000-07-08
Plymouth, MI

said by TheMG:

I have not seen any such popup.

Then again, I've disabled and blocked Google+ on all of my Google/YouTube accounts, so that might be why.

I think the idea is that it is trying to get you to sign up for G+. I have had the popup several times and declined it each time. My account shows I am not currently signed up for G+ and I don't intend to ever do so.

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
Reviews:
·NorthWest Tel

said by Jim Gurd:

I think the idea is that it is trying to get you to sign up for G+.

Hmmm... so perhaps it is "smart" enough to know that I've blocked/disabled Google+, and therefore I can not sign up for it with that account, therefore there is no point in displaying a popup.

Madness
Like a flea circus at a dog show

join:2000-01-05
Quincy, MA
kudos:1
reply to Madness

I'd like to disable it; I have no intention of using G+.

Selenia
I love Debian
Premium
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR
kudos:2
reply to Madness

Never had the pop-up but they did link my Play Store reviews to my never used G+ account. I don't care about that. My name and reviews are credible and my G+ is blank. Not like I share anything personal in reviews or on G+.

Swindle
Shattered Dreams

join:2006-07-24
Tampa, FL
reply to Madness

I tend to click the "later" button ... Don't want my name on my uploads and comments. It's none of Youtube Users what someone's real name is.
--
B-Movie DVDs

carpetshark3
Premium
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO
reply to Selenia

Play store on the computer totally hid the logout button with a notice to get a + account. It was there for two weeks. I check updates on the PC to get all the info. You don't need to update a keyboard for every obscure language they add unless you speak it.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:12
reply to battleop

Is it possible to change the name on your acct to something bogus?? (Then who cares if they change it)

Im glad to see you guys wanting your privacy!!

Secyurityet
Premium
join:2012-01-07
untied state
reply to Madness

Re: [Rant] YouTube "Real Name" Popup

They only THINK I'm posting under my true name...

alg
Passionately apathetic
Premium
join:2001-04-10
Houston, TX
reply to Madness

Reminds me of how no matter how many times I set annotations to off in my account settings they somehow turn themselves back on again.
--
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:12
reply to Secyurityet

quote:
They only THINK I'm posting under my true name...
Excellent!