share rss forum feed

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA
reply to R2

Re: [Outlook] Stop incoming email from modifying calendar

said by R2:

How can I stop Outlook from letting email add "meetings" to my calendar? People are able to send email requests for attending a meeting. When Outlook processes that, an entry is made in your calendar. This will even get on to your smart phone calendar when you sync.

The problem? These kind of entries cannot be deleted from the iPhone and I think also not from the Outlook calendar either! They become calendar graffiti that you cannot erase!!

Is there a way to stop this? Thanks.

I can delete them just fine on my iPhone. Or you could decline the meetings.

You can turn OFF the auto-accept meeting request option in outlook (its actually an exchange server setting I believe but this is how you change the behavior):

»superuser.com/questions/379441/o···s-tentat
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

R2
R Not
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-18
Long Beach, CA
kudos:1

1 edit
On the iPhone calendar, I can select the meeting and the Event Details page opens. This page has NO option to Delete or Edit the event in any way! The ONLY button and ONLY option is to return to that Day in the calendar.

How is it deleted?

MORE INFO:

This seems to be more of an iPhone issue, I guess. The meeting is "tentatively" listed on my Outlook calendar, and that tentative meeting is then synced to my iPhone.

I guess because it is tentative, it cannot be modified (deleted or edited) on the iPhone??

If I go into Outlook, and CAN open the meeting and THEN I can decline it. NOW... I suspect that the NEXT time I sync it should be deleted from the iPhone too???

The issue, I guess, is that I neither declined or accepted the meeting, but the email message AUTOMATICALLY enters the "tentative" meeting in my Calendar and that is synced to my iPhone -- and that annoys me! It is SPAM or GRAFFITI being added to my iPhone calendar that I don't want.

Does that make sense??

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA
Don't sync your exchange calendar with your iPhone? I dunno. My work echange calendar is synced to my phone (and does the same thing on iOS and Windows Phone 8) - and I would consider it a bug if it didn't show the exact same view as outlook on the desktop does.
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

R2
R Not
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-18
Long Beach, CA
kudos:1
Well, I want my iPhone and my Outlook calendars to be in sync. I just don't like Spam email being able to have the power to modify my iPhone calendar against my wishes! I just seems very intrusive. I am surprised that I am the only one bothered by this...