spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25

I dont think anything has changed.

For months they have been advertising "Unlimited" data showing commercials of a hot chic "flying" around the country and every single one of those commercial have had the disclaimer that you were throttled after 2GB of data usage.

I suspect not a single thing has actually changed other than the marketing.
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope

Premium Member

TM _does_ offer unlimited, no throttle plans... has been for around 8 months now. This is different from their "unlimited", throttled at 5GB plan. The "unlimited", throttled at 5GB plan they offered could come with free tethering.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska to Skippy25

Premium Member

to Skippy25
Click for full size
No, it really has changed. This is my usage on the postpaid unlimited plan. Nobody over at the t-mobile forums has gotten a peep out of their usage. Tethering gets blocked, but other than that, nope.
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25 to tcope

to tcope
Thats funny, being I just saw a commercial 3 days ago that still had the same * with the same claim that you will be throttled.

You would think they would remove that now wouldnt you?
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope

Premium Member

Off hand I could only view their commercials on YouTube. No disclaimer as you mentioned on the bottom. I have seen commercials from TM specifically pointing out no throttling.

The disclaimer might be in the commercial as TM _does_ still offer throttled plans:

Unlimited - Ultra—10 GB of high-speed data included
Unlimited - Premium—5 GB of high-speed data included
Unlimited Nationwide 4G — Unlimited high-speed data included on our 4G network
Unlimited - Plus—2 GB of high-speed data included
Simple—200 MB of high-speed data included

So that disclaimer would apply to some plans, but not "Unlimited/unlimited".

The main difference (as I can see) is that throttling is done on plans that offer tethering. That is, those plans include free tethering while the unlimited/unlimited plan does not offer free tethering. Personally, I kept my 5GB free thethering plan for $20/month as I realyl don't go over 5GB anyway. Unlimited/Unlimited was the same price... it just dropped teathering.

Sprint has also needed to change their commercials. They now say, "...only Sprint offers truly unlimited data for the iPhone 5". Appears that they get away with this because TM does not "offer" the iPhone 5. It's really s stretch even for a play on words.