Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to Phantasee

Re: 5.2 transmog changes

essentially they are allowing one to transmog 2h weapon types interchangably...i.e. you can transmog a 2h mace to a 2h sword or 2handed axe....I think this implies you will be able to do this with 1h as well though it does not say that.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5

1 edit
said by Skittles:

essentially they are allowing one to transmog 2h weapon types interchangably...i.e. you can transmog a 2h mace to a 2h sword or 2handed axe....I think this implies you will be able to do this with 1h as well though it does not say that.

No that's not the way I understand it. I believe it is only two handed weapons that have the same animation. So staves and polearms but not staves and axes.

Edit: May be wrong on the staff vs polearm comment. Could have swore I read somewhere they would be able to be transmogged but the MMO Champion comments say otherwise.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
said by Carpie:

Edit: May be wrong on the staff vs polearm comment. Could have swore I read somewhere they would be able to be transmogged but the MMO Champion comments say otherwise.

AHA! From last night's notes:

Patch 5.2 PTR Official Notes Update

Interesting Notes
The new legendary item is a meta gem, not head enchant.
Heroic Pandaria dungeons now award 100 Justice points per boss and gold drops scale based on number of players.
Mists of Pandaria Season 2 Malevolent Gladiators PvP gear can now be purchased with Honor Points instead of Conquest Points, including weapons, but newly purchased Season 2 Malevolent Gladiators armor, offhands, and shields will have an item level of 476 (was 483). Existing Malevolent items are unaffected.
Balance, Feral, Windwalker, Retribution, Shadow, Enhancement and Elemental now gain 25% of the bonus healing provided by PvP Power (was 0%).
Players in low level battlegrounds will have their effective level raised to the maximum level allowed in that battleground bracket.
Rated Battlegrounds now award conquest to the losing team based on their final score. The losing team can earn up to 200 Conquest Points from a very close match.
Staves and polearms can be transmogrified to each other.
Patch 5.0 Valor gear costs 50% less, and Patch 5.1 Valor Gear now costs 25% less.

Not going crazy afterall!

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
- Heroic Pandaria dungeons now award 100 Justice points per boss and gold drops scale based on number of players.
- Patch 5.0 Valor gear costs 50% less, and Patch 5.1 Valor Gear now costs 25% less

This is pretty big, so you can cap valor on 3-4 heroics now they need to raise the cap so people is able to catch up.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
Huh? how are you going to cap valor in 3-4 heroics if they're boosting JP gain?

I do like the drop in price, though. it's going to let people catch up faster. No waiting 2 weeks for enough VP for one item. The increased JP will allow you to buy those JP items faster to boost your ilvl as well, so in one week, you could possibly be able to hit 90 and do LFR, just not right when you hit 90. Much better than waiting a couple weeks after you hit 90 to be able to head into LFR.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.