spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dome1218

@rr.com

Question about fios

Hey guys I have a question. This past week I saw Verizon fios truck I asked the worker what is he doing he said installing fios. Now on to my question how long will it be before I can actually order fios? Around how long will be the wait? The cables are already up on my power lines outside my apartment building I am just ready to make the jump from Time Warner there service isnt that good being that I'm running so many devices about 10 devices so it constantly lags.

serge87

join:2009-11-29

Could be many months, up to a year.

bhan261

join:2001-02-12
New York, NY
reply to Dome1218

From the time Verizon began wiring our co-op building, it was about 6 months before they would take orders.

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
reply to Dome1218

in my place Queens it took them about 3 weeks since it was wired.

dome1218

@rr.com
reply to Dome1218

And here I thought I was going to start my new years on the right foot lol. I guess I just have to endure Time Warner for a couple more months. Thanks guys!

lijacobs

join:2010-07-30
Lawrence, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Dome1218

After VZ installs the FiOS network in your neighborhood your landlord / owners association has to negotiate and sign a premesis access and marketing agreement with VZ. Then your apartment building has to be wired. In our case this process took about two years.

McBane

join:2008-08-22
Plano, TX
reply to Dome1218

If you are in apartments it might be forever. Some apartment complexes sign contracts with providers to be the exclusive cable and/or internet provider at some places, and if that's the case you're pretty much screwed with the cable company.

dome1218

@rr.com
reply to Dome1218

Well I live in a 3 family apartment building so its not like a big apartment complex. It's pretty much a house thats owned by a lady. I'm pretty sure she has no contract with time warner or anything.

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by dome1218 :

Well I live in a 3 family apartment building so its not like a big apartment complex. It's pretty much a house thats owned by a lady. I'm pretty sure she has no contract with time warner or anything.

+1 I just told me landlord if they needed to get on the rooftop if that is ok , he said yea no problem.

Everything went nice and smooth

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA
reply to Dome1218

In our residential neighborhood FiOS fiber went up in our alley in January. FiOS phone and internet were available about two months later and FiOS TV about four months later. YMMV.

PittsPgh
Premium
join:2003-08-21
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to Dome1218

It was 20 months from the time when they strung the fiber on the poles till I was able to get it. Pgh15212

When you check onlne for availibility, I had couple of the options grayed out. It was close then. Also keep an eye out for the ONT's popping up on the side of the houses in your area.

Paul

dome1218

@rr.com
reply to Dome1218

Click for full size
Alright guys the fios guys were on my block again they actually installed that big white box there. Does that mean I'm getting closer to being able to order it? Its so close I can taste it someone let me know if this means its getting closer to me ordering fios???

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
join:2006-03-29
Northport, NY
kudos:3

It is still going to be afew weeks. But your getting closer!

Rattler

join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA
reply to dome1218

said by dome1218 :

Alright guys the fios guys were on my block again they actually installed that big white box there. Does that mean I'm getting closer to being able to order it? Its so close I can taste it someone let me know if this means its getting closer to me ordering fios???

It took about a month and a half after they put that terminal box on a pole near me for FiOS to become available in my area. From the looks of your photo, they have not yet made the distribution connections to the nodes (or whatever they are called) that individual customers are connected to.

After they had the large box and main fiber cables run in my area, it took them about another two weeks to splice and install the smaller cable bundles to the connection nodes on the poles. They were working in a tent, under that box, for a while doing the final splices. Then it was a few more weeks before they lit it all up.
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons

dome1218

@rr.com
reply to Dome1218

Can't wait I'm getting so close now thanks guys!