spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kchase77

@sbcglobal.net

Can I use the unlimited plan for home Internet?

Can I use this for home Internet with a Mac? Tired of ATT's bullshit DSL at 6MB down and 150GB data caps! Screw dat!!

But never did this before so not sure if I can.

Thanks for any advice/assistance!

kchase77

TheHelpful1
Premium
join:2002-01-11
Upper Marlboro, MD

Doubtful. I mean technically you can turn your unlocked phone's hotspot on, but that would violate their terms of service unless you are on their hotspot plan. But their hotspot plans are not unliminted
--
"My weakness is that I care too much"

kchase77

@sbcglobal.net
reply to kchase77

Thanks for the prompt reply, helpful.

What if I did this: »www.sprint.com/landings/compare/···:Compare

$80 a month unlimited with Sprint...I live in a 4G LTE area....download and stream to my heart's content on this plan...more than 150GB cap on ATT...then transfer what I've downloaded to my Mac and capture streaming off the IPhone or IPad and transfer to the Mac. No tethering, dongling, or whatever. Does this violate anything? Would they still cut me off for using so much on an unlimited plan as long as I did not tether?

TheHelpful1
Premium
join:2002-01-11
Upper Marlboro, MD

said by kchase77 :

Thanks for the prompt reply, helpful.

What if I did this: »www.sprint.com/landings/compare/···:Compare

$80 a month unlimited with Sprint...I live in a 4G LTE area....download and stream to my heart's content on this plan...more than 150GB cap on ATT...then transfer what I've downloaded to my Mac and capture streaming off the IPhone or IPad and transfer to the Mac. No tethering, dongling, or whatever. Does this violate anything? Would they still cut me off for using so much on an unlimited plan as long as I did not tether?

Sprint and T-mobile are the only ones pushing truly unlimited. If you were to download to the phone then transfer, I don't see how that is tethering, but remember their contract, prepaid or postpaid, says they still reserve the right to "adjust" users who are impacting their network adversely for other users.
--
"My weakness is that I care too much"

kchase

join:2011-01-04
Royse City, TX

Understood.

When I told the chat agent exactly what I would be using it for, and I was very honest (torrenting/filesharing), he said he did not know and that I should call technical support.

Wonder if it is even worth calling them?