TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Midland, ON
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to silvercat

Re: Netflix Super HD: Will Start support this ?

The hell just tested it and the PS3 is showing I'm getting High SD. WTF I know that is wrong as I got Up to 10Mbps download/2 Mbps upload from rogers so I should have no issue getting super HD at least I guess I'm good. I guess the PS3 is not telling me the right video cause it damn sure looks nice.

The best test is captain america if you ask me as the opening with the dark and snow blowing really shows the short coming of netflix as it's a bit fizzy and you can see pixels like mad.

graniterock
Premium
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

I find that it progressess during the show. Often the first minute or so it doesn't get past High SD. But then it somehow decides I'm worthy and I get into the medium and high HD.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

said by graniterock:

I find that it progressess during the show. Often the first minute or so it doesn't get past High SD. But then it somehow decides I'm worthy and I get into the medium and high HD.

The Netflix player dynamically adjusts the quality of the content based on the Internet connections conditions.

graniterock
Premium
join:2003-03-14
London, ON
reply to TOPDAWG

A long while ago Netflix turned off HD as default. If you aren't getting HD at all make sure to double check the quality settings by logging in on a PC.

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Midland, ON
kudos:3

yeah I got it set to the best. just seems the PS3 does not want to tell me the real video I'm getting.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to TOPDAWG

If you see pixels, it's had the snot compressed out of it