dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
bronxlcsw
join:2005-09-21
Bronx, NY

bronxlcsw

Returned to Cablevision but Strange experience??

Okay heres the deal. After living in New Jersey the past 2 years (Elmwood Park) i decided to come home (Throggs Neck) I had FIOS the last 2 years. I go online and sign up for the CV triple play. Order went well and experience was very good. I was even allowed to choose from several phone numbers and i elected to take one with the familiar (718) code. My install date was all set. Then about 10 minutes later i get a telephone call from cablevision and they asked for all this information all over again. i told the rep that i had a confirmation email and wwas already assigned a telephone number. They would not listen and processed a new order anyway. This time with a telephone number i dont want (347) code. i pleaded with them to look at the computer to find my original order with the phone number i was assigned. No luck. To me it seems like the moment i placed my order online that order was in some way hi-jacked by a sales team to claim a large commission ?? I dont know. Can someone shed light on this for me. By the way. Cablevision service is really alot better than it was years ago. i am very pleased with the service so far.
bronxlcsw

bronxlcsw

Also i have a few questions:

I had asked for the older SA DVR box so as to attach my 1 Terabyte DVR expander. I was tols CV no longer has these SA DVR boxes?? Is that true?? If trie i will go with the top of the line Tivo box. With these new Samsung boxes is it possible to add more storage through external hard drive or even to pay CV for more storage??

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos to bronxlcsw

Numquam oblitus

to bronxlcsw
I'd suggest posting in the direct forum: »Optimum Direct
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

Samsung boxes do not have hard drives. They can be used with DVR+, which is remote storage for your recordings. They play back like a Video On Demand offering from CV's servers.
techowiz
join:2012-06-27
Old Bethpage, NY

techowiz to bronxlcsw

to bronxlcsw
Suggest speaking with a CV supervisor. You should be able to get an SA 8300 DVR.... Much better option than DVR Plus (which has quite a few issues)....