spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nina071489

@hws.edu

[TWC] NF NY I want to buy my own modem/wifi basic internet TMC

For TWC I want to purchase a CHEAP wireless router and or modem what kinda are compatable?

It will be for basic internet.

Please and thank you

nina071489

@hws.edu

Re: [TWC] NF NY I want to buy my own modem/wifi basic internet T

I need wireless internet in my house the modem will be hooked up to my computer.

Fleeced

join:2012-10-06
kudos:2
reply to nina071489
From TWC's list, the only "cheap" and compatible modem is the SBG901, but it's old. Of what I'e heard they'll also they'll also put any custmod on the account if they put it in the field. In other words the Ubee U10C022 will work as well as the SMC 8014wg among others.

Why anyone would put wireless on basic baffles me (It can do what, streaming, barely?), but to each their own.

Or you could buy a separate modem and router which will work better than an all in one in most cases.

JustBurnt

@rr.com
said by Fleeced:

Why anyone would put wireless on basic baffles me (It can do what, streaming, barely?), but to each their own.

I have wireless on "basic"(if you mean standard) and I can stream or whatever I want to.
What is supposed to be the issue?

For the OP, MY suggestion is lease the modem from TWC and buy a wireless router.

whiteyonenh

join:2004-08-09
Keene, NH

1 edit
reply to Fleeced
said by Fleeced:

Laptops, Nintendo DS, Smartphones, Tablets, iPod Touch, etc. You know, things that don't need or always even have ethernet ports on them.

To the OP: A Motorola Surfboard 5101U »www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···25122011 and a TRENDnet TEW-711BR »www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···33156381 should be more than enough for basic internet usage.

Personal preference/experience given for the Modem, I do not have direct experience with TRENDnet wireless routers, but the reviews are decent, and the price is right.

NightOwl2

join:2012-03-19
reply to Fleeced
In my experience, most customers use the term *basic* to describe standard or expanded service (such as in cable tv). TW does have a basic hsi speed (up to 3 Mbps - used to be 1.5) and standard, up to 10 Mbps. Hundreds of consumers do not have a need for a fast connection....I even have a friend who still uses dial-up.

bn1221

join:2009-04-29
Cortland, NY
reply to Fleeced
I have basic (3mbit) on an SBG900 (yes they allowed me on with it) and I stream Netflix and Amazon.