Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq to aurgathor

Premium Member

to aurgathor

Re: [NFL] 2012 NFL Playoff Poll

I'm not worried about NE beating Houston but the Ravens could prevail over the Broncos. Manning is a great regular season QB but tends to under perform in the play offs. I am not touching them at 8 points.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by capdjq:

I'm not worried about NE beating Houston but the Ravens could prevail over the Broncos. Manning is a great regular season QB but tends to under perform in the play offs. I am not touching them at 8 points.

Looks like I am the only one not touching them at all.

Hob

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

rockotman

Premium Member

said by hobgoblin:

Looks like I am the only one not touching them at all.

Hob

I'm still toying with the idea... I figure I have until Saturday afternoon to make my pics.

I don't have a feel for any of these games yet, except maybe GB@SF.

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor to capdjq

to capdjq
said by capdjq:

I'm not worried about NE beating Houston but the Ravens could prevail over the Broncos. Manning is a great regular season QB but tends to under perform in the play offs.

Hmmm, looking at some of the analysis, there's apparently a weather factor:
quote:
Though the Broncos have homefield advantage, expected game-time temperatures in the low 20s may not bode well for them, as Manning is 0-3 in playoff games in which the temperature at kickoff is less than 40 degrees. He's a combined 64 for 120 for 612 yards with one TD and seven INTs in those contests, and will play with a glove on his throwing hand.

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq

Premium Member

said by aurgathor:

said by capdjq:

I'm not worried about NE beating Houston but the Ravens could prevail over the Broncos. Manning is a great regular season QB but tends to under perform in the play offs.

Hmmm, looking at some of the analysis, there's apparently a weather factor:
quote:
Though the Broncos have homefield advantage, expected game-time temperatures in the low 20s may not bode well for them, as Manning is 0-3 in playoff games in which the temperature at kickoff is less than 40 degrees. He's a combined 64 for 120 for 612 yards with one TD and seven INTs in those contests, and will play with a glove on his throwing hand.

Where Manning has an advantage, this year, is that this Denver team is far away better than any of the Colts team he played with.

They have a far away consistently superior defense and running game and better pass rushers. Those in the Colts were always injured.

In Indy it was always Manning vs the Rest. Put a lot of pressure on him. The Denver team could beat the Ravens even if Manning is sub par.