Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to Karride

Re: Need help IT vs Facilities

said by Karride:

Have you talked to facilities about it? If not I'd try to have a friendly discussion about it before I went the manager route.

This right here. I should have mentioned this first if you haven't talked to them already.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

Modus
I hate smartassery on forums
Premium
join:2005-05-02
us
said by Nightfall:

said by Karride:

Have you talked to facilities about it? If not I'd try to have a friendly discussion about it before I went the manager route.

This right here. I should have mentioned this first if you haven't talked to them already.

Yes i have discuss this with them and the main response was "it's always been done this way and no reason to change routine"
--
Think Ahead. Learn More. Solve Now!

exocet_cm
Free at last, free at last
Premium
join:2003-03-23
New Orleans, LA
kudos:3
said by Modus:

said by Nightfall:

said by Karride:

Yes i have discuss this with them and the main response was "it's always been done this way and no reason to change routine"

Then send them the bill for the replacement cost of your hardware including time/cost for repairing the issue.

If you want to be a smart ass, like I would, I would also send them another invoice for a standby part(s) for the next time they were to screw it up.
--
"All newspaper editorial writers ever do is come down from the hills after the battle is over and shoot the wounded." - Bruce Anderson

"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates