Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jamesonnorth

join:2012-12-22
Modoc, IN
reply to jamesonnorth

Re: [DSL] Milking Frontier for all their network is worth

I'm not sure if I'm actually getting anywhere with this. I emailed askfrontier@ftr.com because that's the only reliable way to get someone to look at your account when you want more speed.

They told me my area only shows up as capable of 6mbps, blah blah blah. The same things they always tell me, to which I always respond that two CSRs have done an address verification and have told me I do qualify for 12mbps bonded service due to my distance from the CO, or because my line is blessed by a variety of deities.

They responded they can have the supervisor call me but he won't be able to look at my account. That will get me nowhere, so I see no point. I relayed to them the supervisor told me the details of bonded service and all that's required are two wire pairs installed and a bonded capable modem. Install them, wire up Cat5e, and we're good. So I told the AskFrontier people to tell the techs to install the second wire pair and get me a new modem if that's all that's required.

I already installed new Cat5e wiring from the NID into my house, wired the phone jack, and managed to slightly lower my Attenuation. I told them everything on my side of the NID is ready as best as I possibly can make it, and it's up to them now.

Frontier is a good ISP but they're really weird. They're a lot like government: one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing and they're not even aware the feet exist.
--
CompTIA Net+ Network Administrator - I know networks!
Professional Photographer - www.jnphoto.biz - Weddings and Senior Photos
Nice and comfy with Frontier DSL: I can help with your issues!
»speedtest.net/result/2387637868.png

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3

1 edit
You're beginning to understand. But, they are actually worse than government.

gozer
Premium
join:2010-08-09
Rochester, NY
reply to jamesonnorth
They responded they can have the supervisor call me but he won't be able to look at my account.

Actually having a supervisor call you that basically could but wont bother to look at your account is or may be a really good thing.

I say this because reaching a person at this level puts him above the CS managers and he would rather not even have to talk with you. And waist rolls downhill his take on this will be to tell someone to fix this so he doesn't have to talk with you again.

jamesonnorth

join:2012-12-22
Modoc, IN
I originally thought that if the area supervisor looked at my issue, the problem could be fixed more quickly. However, last time he looked at my account, nothing changed. So I'm just waiting to see if corporate can get the techs to run my second line. I'm hopeful, but at the same time I'm not expecting much success. It took a lot of work just to get a solid 6/1 connection out of them. I'll be surprised if I can ever get close to the full 12/2 I'm paying for.
--
CompTIA Net+ Network Administrator - I know networks!
Professional Photographer - www.jnphoto.biz - Weddings and Senior Photos
Nice and comfy with Frontier DSL: I can help with your issues!
»speedtest.net/result/2387637868.png