Linksys E4200
ARRIS SB6141

aefstoggaflm to nu2this

Premium Member

to nu2this

Re: Cisco Linksys e2500 port forwarding

#1 Some words of advice:

a) Do not post in more than one area.

b) If someone tells you your post in the wrong area, hey mod your post and have the mods/admins move the thread.

#2 Let us continue this thread in only one area. Shortly you will see my reply to you in »wget command in terminal to download files via ssh?

nu2this
NOT
Premium Member
join:2005-04-07
Hallandale, FL

nu2this

Premium Member

in regards to your first post on this link... i did not post same information in different areas... this is a different question.

and i did do a HEY MOD in Cisco forum.

the »wget command in terminal to download files via ssh? post is about doing it on the same network... this post is about doing it via public IP address with specific assistance to my Linksys router!!!

you can help... or not help... but don't criticize.

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
Linksys E4200
ARRIS SB6141

aefstoggaflm

Premium Member

said by nu2this:

The »wget command in terminal to download files via ssh? post is about doing it on the same network... this post is about doing it via public IP address with specific assistance to my Linksys router!!!

Opps sorry.

Moving along....

Since the WAN IP Address in the router is not the same, what is the brand and model of the device that is connected to the WAN (could be called instead Internet or To Modem) port of the Cisco Linksys e2500?

nu2this
NOT
Premium Member
Hallandale, FL

nu2this

Premium Member

Arris TM504G
supplied by Comcast Xfinity

(if this is what you are talking about) sorry for my ignorance on this entire subject.
nu2this

nu2this

Premium Member

fyi... i called comcast and they said I would need a static IP address inorder to access this computer from outside the network
nu2this

nu2this

Premium Member

nu2this

nu2this

Premium Member

Click for full size

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium Member
Bethlehem, PA
Linksys E4200
ARRIS SB6141

aefstoggaflm to nu2this

Premium Member

to nu2this
Ok

This what I found »ARRIS tg852g bridge mode

OR perhaps you could DMZ (forward all traffic from it) to your RJ-45 WAN port router (which should be at LAN Setup -> Firewall).

nu2this
NOT
Premium Member
Hallandale, FL

nu2this

Premium Member

Click for full size
ok...

so check the box
connected computers
(3 choices, one of which is my wifi) choose that, enable it add it to the list, apply changes
nu2this

nu2this to aefstoggaflm

Premium Member

to aefstoggaflm
Click for full size
nu2this

nu2this to aefstoggaflm

Premium Member

to aefstoggaflm
so this means that all computers that are connected to this wifi bypass the firewall features of the gateway and permits unrestricted accessf rom the Internet to all of the connected computers? Which means... lol (again... sorry for my ignorance)

edit ~ again... just to make sure I am asking for the correct thing... i am wanting to connect to my office computer from home.

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium Member
Bethlehem, PA
Linksys E4200
ARRIS SB6141

1 recommendation

aefstoggaflm

Premium Member

#1 Your modem combo has only one RJ-45 LAN ports, correct?

#2 Your modem combo does not have built in wireless, correct?

#3 Your RJ-45 WAN port is connected directly to the modem combo (with no other devices in between), correct?

#4 If all of those answers are correct, I do not see anything wrong with sending all traffic from the modem combo to the WAN port of the RJ-45 WAN port router.

nu2this
NOT
Premium Member
Hallandale, FL

nu2this

Premium Member

the ARRIS is connected to a smc networks comcast business ip gateway via Xfinity comcast wire (not ethernet).
the wireless LINKSYS E2500 is connected the the smc networks comcast business ip gateway via ethernet cable.

Kyawa
Premium Member
join:2006-01-26
Middletown, MD

Kyawa

Premium Member

What exactly do you want to do? You have people jumping through hoops with no desired end result. What do you want to do, specifically.

nu2this
NOT
Premium Member
Hallandale, FL

nu2this

Premium Member

from original posting: access to my computer at the office from home

from two postings above this posting: again... just to make sure I am asking for the correct thing... i am wanting to connect to my office computer from home.

Kyawa... please read what is written.

Kyawa
Premium Member
join:2006-01-26
Middletown, MD

Kyawa

Premium Member

You can "access" your PC using something as easy as LogMeIn or JumpDesktop. Free and takes five minutes. So if all you want to do is "access" your PC, there you have it.

nu2this
NOT
Premium Member
Hallandale, FL

nu2this

Premium Member

I have already used those... it's not what I want to do. but thanks for trying.
nu2this

nu2this to aefstoggaflm

Premium Member

to aefstoggaflm
aefstoggaflm.... you rock! THANKS! WORKING PERFECTLY FOR WHAT I WANT TO DO. (hope the caps isn't too annoying for you)