join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

reply to redwolfe_98

Re: IE Zero-Day

As with all software patches, from all sources, they'll roll out a patch when and if they're ready. First they have to determine the scope of the causal factors, then find fixes that don't break things, then test against all manner of system setups. Each step takes time to be done properly, and little can be accomplished by trying to do the steps in parallel.
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by Blackbird:

As with all software patches, from all sources, they'll roll out a patch when and if they're ready. First they have to determine the scope of the causal factors, then find fixes that don't break things, then test against all manner of system setups. Each step takes time to be done properly, and little can be accomplished by trying to do the steps in parallel.

Yep, don't rush them. We don't want a buggy release.
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.