how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bbwithdrawls

join:2008-08-30
Vanleer, TN

EXCEDE 12 mg plan feedback

Hi all . looking for some feedback on how this system is and customer satisfaction with it , first let me explain what I need it to use it for , I work from home 3-4 days a week , I use a VPN to connect to work and can connect to my machine at work and then do all the heavy lifting from it , my day consist of working with vendors on webex and using remote desktop

Id like to know how remote desktop performs over satellite and VOIP performs with this system

right now I'm on an T1 in a rural area and besides being expensive the service for an outage isn't very good and there have been a lot of them lately , just wondering if it worth looking into for the savings or stay put where I,m at

cable dsl and 3g 4g not an option

courty3210

join:2004-03-29
Wilmington, DE

hmmmmm, the upload/download speed are more than sufficient and a 600ms ping should provide an adequate VPN/remote access user experience.

you may run into cap issues since streaming a desktop via vpn eats up quite a bit of data. i'm just not sure how much data would be consumed.

VoIP runs quite nicely, but once again will eat up your data.

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28
reply to bbwithdrawls

said by bbwithdrawls:

..use a VPN

Which one?

Might be best to find a local Exede dealer, take a laptop there, and try it out.

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to bbwithdrawls

Outages on a T1? That shouldn't be happening.

bbwithdrawls

Vanleer, TN

shouldn't be is the key word here , while a sla is nice it doesn't do a thing for an outage to where i have to pack up and go elsewhere for internet so i can do my job , internet having issues isn't something you want to hear from someone supporting your system

bbwithdrawls

Vanleer, TN
reply to DrStrangLov

that's a very good idea , now if i just get one to call , it's been 2 days since filling out the form on the excede website

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28

Go Here: »www.wildblue.com/options/find-a-dealer

and insert your Zip.

Exede may or may not contact a local dealer...it tends to be better to use a local dealer.

Turbulentred

join:2012-08-07
Reviews:
·Charter
·exede by ViaSat
reply to bbwithdrawls

I use Hamachi to remote assist my mother, and it works on so often, infact when she needs it most it's useless. I've been able to use Hamachi on dial up, as well as logmein. I wouldn't reccomend wildblue/exede at all if possible there is always verizon or att wireless.

courty3210

join:2004-03-29
Wilmington, DE

i've had good success with doing remote administration on my parents macbook. i use the remote assistant built into ichat (now called messages as of mountain lion). works well.