ferroequine fan
Premium
join:2005-03-01
Wormtown
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to signmeuptoo

Re: ebay: Item not as described, your advice?

Sounds to me like you're saying you don't want to go thru the process of returning the wrong item for the right one. Could have been an honest mistake by the seller. People do make mistakes. I bet you've made some mistakes. If you don't want to return the wrong ones for the right ones, at no additional monetary costs to you, TFB for you.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
Wrong. They don't HAVE the right one, so if I returned all I'd get is a refund of the device, not the shipping both ways. I ask for help and you say TFB? Where are your manners?

The item HAS the model number in bold label right on the device. It appears that they took photos off the web and did a bait and switch, and are trying to profit off of small differences.

Considering the cost of bus trips (2 each way), the cost of time, the cost of returning and the original shipping, to get back what they cost, it is not worth it, but I'm not going to give them a good review. It wasn't a mistake because both models are sold online, the ones they advertise and the ones they sent, if they had made an error, it wouldn't be the exact name of something selling for more, especially not when the phones look different and are clearly labeled.

In any event, for the amount of money that this is, I'm done with this, no need to respond further especially if you're gonna say too fucking bad or something unkind like that, instead, just be quiet.

The nerve of some people.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

Oh_No
Trogglus normalus

join:2011-05-21
Chicago, IL

1 edit
reply to vaxvms
said by vaxvms:

Sounds to me like you're saying you don't want to go thru the process of returning the wrong item for the right one. Could have been an honest mistake by the seller. People do make mistakes. I bet you've made some mistakes. If you don't want to return the wrong ones for the right ones, at no additional monetary costs to you, TFB for you.

Um. No.
If the seller sent the wrong item. It is up to to the seller to pay all costs to ship the item back, not the buyer.
Now the seller can send a prepaid label with pickup so the buyer can just leave the package for the USPS or UPS or Fedex to pickup.

If the seller just does not want to pay the return shipping on the wrong item sent, then they just have to let the buyer keep it along with sending the correct item or a full refund.

TFB for the seller, not the buyer.

When challenging all the buyer has to say is "item not received".
The buyer never has to tell ebay they received something, they just have to say the seller never sent them what they ordered.
If they say they received something as "item not as described" then they will most likely lose if the seller tries to fight it.
If there is a tracking number, the buyer just needs to say his item was not in the box and never admit to anything being in the box.
Until the seller sends him the correct item then the situation is "item not received".