spc
uniqs

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to Reyr

to Reyr

Re: Fios Media Server

As long as its coax, I'd prefer to remain that way, rather than go to wireless. Simply a more dependable connection.
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL

Premium Member

said by Greg2600:

As long as its coax, I'd prefer to remain that way, rather than go to wireless. Simply a more dependable connection.

What I got from the video, and other information I've seen, wireless will be an option. Not mandatory. I echo concerns with wireless providing dependable connections, but if that video is any indication, the demonstration that the Verizon tech did was impressive (moving a TV with a wirelessly connected box, something like 200' from the source, through concrete and steel, and the picture was still pristine). I'd love to have the option for a wireless connection at the very least.

Webcobbler
@verizon.net

Webcobbler

Anon

I would love the option for Ethernet. Perticuarly, in my House, it is extremely easier to run Ethernet Cables than adding another coax cable somewhere. So viewing tv via The Mexia Server and client boxes hooked up to Ethernet would be ideal, bc I could put TVs where I want more easily.