Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Cptbeatstix

Re: Tank reforging.

I usually call "control" builds as "threat" builds not being hit/expertise capped really hurts your threat generation specially when you see mages and other retarded classes putting insane numbers. Obviously a dead tank generates zero threat but you need to balance your avoidance stats after you cap your hit and expertise.

On my druid I am going more for a crit build which lets you generate a ton of rage.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

liquoranne

join:2009-01-14
I actually saw a druid that had a lot of items reforged to crit. So im assuming this build is to maintain constant dodge buff. Makes sense. Again, multiple sets of gear for different situations. For example, high dodge works against swings, but if the boss does a bleed effect, higher mastery would mitigate more of the physical damage from it. So a mastery build would mitigate the bleeds more but a crit build could provide more healing to offset the increased damage.

A good maintank alwayss (and i repeat always) keeps extra peices of gear for specific situations. I have done so since Vanilla WoW for tanking purposes. Before it was for fight mechanics and raid composition. Now composition doesnt matter as much but fight mechanics do and how well your group can handle certain situations (enrage, mass amounts of damage).

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
Yep, smart druids are going for highest RPS builds.

liquoranne

join:2009-01-14
Good to know. Again, been a week since i was 85 so im still growing. Just entered LFR for the first time yesterday and it went fine. This expa i have no plans on progression raiding (at the time being) so LFR will probably be it.

Guess ill look at my items and see what i need for RPS increases.