spc
uniqs

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck to CyberCam

to CyberCam

Re: [Cable] Youtube lags at night still, upgrade cache servers?

yeah youtube still sucks on TSI.
MrMazda86 (banned)
join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON

MrMazda86 (banned)

said by jmck:

I don't think it's a problem with TSI actually. I think it's a problem with the cable in particular as I seem to have absolutely NO issue with YouTube (even in HD) on their DSL service.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

said by MrMazda86:

said by jmck:

I don't think it's a problem with TSI actually. I think it's a problem with the cable in particular as I seem to have absolutely NO issue with YouTube (even in HD) on their DSL service.

that's silly considering it's easy to test out last mile issues. regardless i just switched to another cable provider and i'm not getting any youtube issues.
MrMazda86 (banned)
Kitchener, ON

MrMazda86 (banned)

It does seem quite unusual. Perhaps it may have something to do with the difference in network congestion between the TSI cable and TSI DSL?
NOTORIOUS VR
join:2008-12-17
TORONTO, ON

NOTORIOUS VR to MrMazda86

to MrMazda86
said by MrMazda86:

said by jmck:

It is 100% a TSI issue... On Rogers Cable I never had any issues with youtube. The day I switched from Rogers to TSI I had nothing but issues with youtube and certain downloads stalling. I complained to teksavvy multiple times, their diagnostics tools were speedtest.net and the ping command... since speed test was good and ping was decent apparently nothing is wrong.

So much for "superior technical support" from the folks at TSI.

Tsiwth
@teksavvy.com

Tsiwth

Anon

It's pretty terrible tonight on mcnicoll. Teksavvy, what the heck is going on? If it's not one thing, it's something else.
MrMazda86 (banned)
Kitchener, ON

MrMazda86 (banned) to NOTORIOUS VR

to NOTORIOUS VR
It must be something to do with the area that you're in. Whether I try it from my TSI connection in Kitchener or St. George, the results are always the same... It seems to work without any issue. Perhaps there's a further under-laying issue with network congestion in the area that TSI isn't stepping up to the plate on?
NOTORIOUS VR
join:2008-12-17
TORONTO, ON

NOTORIOUS VR

said by MrMazda86:

It must be something to do with the area that you're in. Whether I try it from my TSI connection in Kitchener or St. George, the results are always the same... It seems to work without any issue. Perhaps there's a further under-laying issue with network congestion in the area that TSI isn't stepping up to the plate on?

AS of recent updates youtube seems to be working well and video's are now buffering extremely fast. Just like I was when I was on Rogers.

My posts were more about TSI denying anything was wrong on their end (back when I first signed up) even though 3 days prior to switching to them from Rogers I had absolutely no issues at all with my connection. Up until recently youtube playback remained abysmal, so this is a nice change to see that they're working on it. But it took them far too long IMO.
Webslinger
Premium Member
join:2004-05-01

Webslinger to Tsiwth

Premium Member

to Tsiwth
said by Tsiwth :

It's pretty terrible tonight on mcnicoll. Teksavvy, what the heck is going on? If it's not one thing, it's something else.

Congestion on McNicoll POI between 9p.m. and 11p.m. has little to do with Youtube cache servers.

I think a couple (not all) of you are just experiencing congestion during prime time (might even be node congestion). Are any of you running speedtests around 9:30p.m.?