neufuse

join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 recommendations

reply to GSTEXEC1

Re: Comcast is really pushing their gateways

I have that too on the price list, but when I asked about it they told me I had to get it at best buy still... told them best buy doesn't carry them anymore and they told me "they are the only authorized retailer, we do not sell directly to customers ourselves"... then why do you have a price for it?!

nrobot80

join:2012-12-05
Union City, GA

1 recommendation

Training is a two way street. My current job requires me to go through intense training from an instructor who is a contractor, not an actual company employee. He doesn't have much knowledge of the product because the service isn't offered in his area, so he goes by what the book says and forms his own opinion about how to use and install the product, basically he is here to collect a paycheck. I have experience in this field so most of this training is a complete bore for me. On the other hand you have the student/employee who is there to collect a check, gets through class because no one fails. The end result is poor customer service, multiple trucks rolls, and higher prices. You can't stop that snowball once it starts rolling.

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..
reply to neufuse
said by neufuse:

I have that too on the price list, but when I asked about it they told me I had to get it at best buy still... told them best buy doesn't carry them anymore and they told me "they are the only authorized retailer, we do not sell directly to customers ourselves"... then why do you have a price for it?!

I agree. If you can't buy a new one right from Comcast, why would they bother printing it on the list? I got one for Oct 2012 with price changes too and the option to buy both a D2 and D3 kit was there. Why would they still sell D2 *kits*? I've had one for 5 years and wouldn't have just wanted to buy it after all that. What was it that was said, the left hand don't know what the right is doing at Comcast.