All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Ree
join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0

Ree to funny0

to funny0

Re: OVH pricing at Montreal datacenter is... insane?

said by funny0:

funny your admiting to tax avoidance/evasion.
boy ive read this thread and you all better hope someone isnt asking dslreports for ips like voltage did.

I'd love to hear your explanation of how that is tax avoidance and/or evasion.
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0

said by Ree:

said by funny0:

funny your admiting to tax avoidance/evasion.
boy ive read this thread and you all better hope someone isnt asking dslreports for ips like voltage did.

I'd love to hear your explanation of how that is tax avoidance and/or evasion.

if you buy a service and are supposed to pay a taxes on it and AVOID OR EVADE them by skirting rules or finding a technicality of location know this...there actually is a law on the books to catch pedobears that is in effect ...what a canuck does on the net OUR LAWS APPLY....thus if your buying internet server from ovh and its located in canada but using a site in EU and evading taxes if they really wanted to come sideways at you they could for it....it also ina future of any issue you have be just something else they add on you to make you look even worse in front of any judge.

OH and trust me they will be far quicker at closing loopholes for small fry then big corporate types that use the nation of belize to launder money....( where was it helena and jaffer vacationed again?)
Ree
join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0

Ree

said by funny0:

if you buy a service and are supposed to pay a taxes on it and AVOID OR EVADE them by skirting rules or finding a technicality of location know this...there actually is a law on the books to catch pedobears that is in effect

And why do you assume he ordered from the EU site to avoid taxes? If you'd looked into things before making your accusation, you would know it's much more likely that he ordered from the EU site because it is the only one that sells that particular server.

The CA site sells the mid to high-end Kimsufi servers, the EU site currently has a special offering one of the low-end Kimsufi servers.
said by hm :

Read further up that some people have a very poor response times to their servers. Was this limited to TSI users? Is it fixed now? Shaw, Telus and Cogeco land have no issues?

I've only seen a TekSavvy user report it, but it's entirely possible that other ISPs are affected and their users just aren't noticing/reporting it.

All is well with Rogers though -- backing up my ESXi VMs via rsync maxes the 100mbit connection.