uniqs
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned) to kelley3249

to kelley3249

Re: [IA] TIVO and MediaCom

Mediacom is a technology based company. They should have the technology ready in a couple years...when it is obsolete

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan

Premium Member

LOL, Sadly I think your right. Nevertheless, I think would get a Tivo HD from Mediacom though

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to drslash

Premium Member

to drslash
Except there are already testing several sets in the field. I would say probably sometime this year.
ivorygate
join:2010-02-13

ivorygate

I've been using the original Series3 TiVo on Mediacom since September 2006. TiVos just work. What is there to "test" at this point in 2013?

Anonymous88
Premium Member
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

said by ivorygate:

I've been using the original Series3 TiVo on Mediacom since September 2006. TiVos just work. What is there to "test" at this point in 2013?

A multi room DVR system for up to 6 rooms with wireless link between DCTs (way better compared to the current Pace multi rooom). You will also have a choice of using Mediacom TV guide or Tivo guide.
ivorygate
join:2010-02-13

ivorygate

Tivo uses Tribune for guide data, which although not perfect, is by far superior to TVGuide or TitanTV (in my experience).

So, instead of just coming out with a tried and true single TiVo DVR with two or four tuners and 1TB of recording, they are shooting for the fences with "with wireless link between DCTs". Ok, I personally won't hold my breath for the next three years of testing then.
kelley3249
join:2012-07-03
Dubuque, IA

1 recommendation

kelley3249

I am not one that needs the latest and greatest technology. But, my DVR's keep failing and they keep replacing with the same junk. It seems per MediaComChad and the local tech/office that they have marginally better DVR's but you can never get one and NO ONE seems to be able to tell me when that situation might change. So, I am moving to DirectTV. I'll be getting a whole-home DVR 'Genie', better programming, and a cheaper monthly bill. Sort of a no-brainer.

cville
@mchsi.com

cville

Anon

I have Directv and love it, but once promo's are over it's generally pretty expensive. I call once 6 months tell them I'm thinking of leaving and they give me credits to stay. I've been with them for a decade now and they have great customer service if you get to the retention department. I don't have a Genie but I do have there whole home DVR service that lets us share recordings instantly and it's great. I'll be honest I love TiVo and would prefer to have that interface but whole home doesn't work with I and I have to have whole home.

On the other hand if all you want is better DVR service look in to getting a stand alone Tivo. My sister and mother live in Chicago and have cable. We hooked them up with two TiVo premiers for less them 100$ from their online store. Check out there web specials for the best deals. They love it because they are able to connect with Hulu Plus and Netflix and it's integrated into the system. It may no be for you but look into it.
ps2roy
join:2002-03-03
Columbus, GA

ps2roy to Anonymous88

to Anonymous88
Wireless link? I'm suprised they are arent using MOCA to connect. Newer Tivos and the tivo mini come with MOCA. Much more reliable than wireless.

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan to Anonymous88

Premium Member

to Anonymous88
Cool, I wonder if I can get that on ALL boxes, Would gladly swap the Peace or Motorola DVR box for that.( I just placed an order for 2 HD boxes with 1 being a DVR and 30Mb Internet. (The cap doesn't me and it's only $10 for 50GB)

Anonymous88
Premium Member
IA

Anonymous88 to ps2roy

Premium Member

to ps2roy
said by ps2roy:

Wireless link? I'm suprised they are arent using MOCA to connect. Newer Tivos and the tivo mini come with MOCA. Much more reliable than wireless.

Yeah and you need a perfect home run wiring for it.
ps2roy
join:2002-03-03
Columbus, GA

ps2roy

Well, the press report indicates the Tivo Premier Q and Tivo mini. The mini needs to stream and use a tuner from the Premier for live tv. Good Luck with wireless.