All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
NoHereNoMo
join:2012-12-06

NoHereNoMo to ymhee_bcex

to ymhee_bcex

Re: Skype's Founder To Offer Free Web Access for Homes

Free* to try, not free* to keep (*plus, perhaps, some extra charge(s) for whatever). Not that new of a concept.

ymhee_bcex
Premium Member
join:2006-04-21
Tarzana, CA
·AT&T Wireless Br..

ymhee_bcex

Premium Member

I dunno... Here is how I see it:

"Request our toothbrush and a monthly supply of toothpaste absolutely free. If you don't like it, call us within 30 days and cancel your membership - no questions asked! The toothbrush is yours to keep - just pay for the shipping and handling!"

Here it is like, "if you don't stop using our toothbrush after a year, we assume that you like it and charge you $100". What an odd marketing concept!
NoHereNoMo

NoHereNoMo

Well, if you start with something that isn't worth the "bargain" price to begin with (let alone "2 for the price of 1!!!" promotions [which populate TV info-/com-mercials now]), then yeah. Both types of promotions abound. I think this type has been around longer though--pre-dates TV entirely.
gweidenh
join:2002-05-18
Houston, TX

gweidenh

Once again, this forum amazes me.

They offer 500MB/month for free and you still find something to complain about.

Seriously people.
NoHereNoMo

NoHereNoMo

The only thing I've complained about is not being able to get it (in another thread)... so why point your response at me?
gweidenh
Houston, TX

gweidenh

Relax, it wasnt pointed at you. I just replied to the last post in the thread.
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO

Premium Member

There are two ways to post replies on this forum. Using big "Reply OP" button (to send reply to the thread in general) and small "Reply" button under each post. The latter is used to make reply to that particular post. Hope this helps to avoid confusion in the future.,,

P.S. This reply is directed to your post and therefore I used the small "Reply" button from your post.
gweidenh
Houston, TX

gweidenh

Thanks. I always use the reply button on the last post.

People only get upset when I say something that goes "against the grain"

PS, this forum software is terrible. Dont blame me for its shortcomings.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by gweidenh:

PS, this forum software is terrible.

What forums seem to have better software?

I ask because most other forums that I've seen, I can't [stand] how they work.

However, it may be a matter of what one is used to....
NoHereNoMo

NoHereNoMo to gweidenh

to gweidenh
I'm relaxed, not upset... maybe a little confused (not by the various 'Reply' buttons, just as to why anyone else would be--but others have already explained what each one here is for... so let that be a lesson to you ...I'll let it slide--this time [but there'll be Holy Hell to pay next time! ]).

ymhee_bcex
Premium Member
join:2006-04-21
Tarzana, CA
·AT&T Wireless Br..

ymhee_bcex to gweidenh

Premium Member

to gweidenh
said by gweidenh:

Once again, this forum amazes me.

They offer 500MB/month for free and you still find something to complain about.

Seriously people.

I think it was directed at me... but it was like 10 posts ago... so I don't know if anybody still remembers
Anyway, I wasn't complaining just criticizing their business model. If I have a $100 incentive to cancel service after 11 months, I will. After all, it isn't electricity or even Internet; I can live without it. How many customers come back once cancelled? BTW, this rule applies to both free (500MB) and paying ($18 for 2GB) customers.