Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Kardinal

Premium Member

to Kardinal

Re: [Hockey] Official 2013 Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

said by Kardinal:

If that happens, it's going to be an interesting power struggle to watch. Bell will never let Rogers assume control of MLSE as that would give them ownership of 3/4 of the major sports in Toronto (Jays/Leafs/Toronto FC), and I can't see Rogers letting Bell take over something with as much content and public exposure as MLSE.

Don't forget the Raptors, who are under MLSE.

IMO this unholy alliance should have never formed, at least not in equal shares. I was fine if Rogers owned the majority of MLSE, and Bell stuck to their Habs investment and whatever other sports they can be into in the Quebec area.

Rogers has owned the Blue Jays for what 10 years now? They've never been accused of meddling in the day to day affairs.

And now it appears like Bell is meddling right away.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by HiVolt:

And now it appears like Bell is meddling right away.

As far as I've heard, that's just an opinion / rumour in the middle of a lot of other ones about the Burke firing. I haven't seen a single piece of real evidence that would in any way support the theory.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Kardinal:

As far as I've heard, that's just an opinion / rumour in the middle of a lot of other ones about the Burke firing. I haven't seen a single piece of real evidence that would in any way support the theory.

Well, its certainly a plausible scenario, given the fact that Rogers has no history of meddling in the Blue Jays affairs, and I doubt Larry Tanenbaum wanted Burke fired... So it leaves Bell as a possible and likely aggressor.