uniqs
share rss forum feed

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to J E F F

Re: [Hockey] Official 2013 Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

From Damien Cox

Brian Burke exclusive interview: Former Maple Leafs GM says he was ‘stunned’ by firing

As soon as he learned he had been relieved of his duties as general manager of hockey’s most scrutinized team, he bolted from the Air Canada Centre to pick up his two youngest daughters, aged 7 and 8, at school.

“They were okay. They just wanted to know if we’d have to move again. I said no.”

This morning, 48 hours after being dismissed in shocking fashion by the Maple Leafs and then agreeing to become a senior advisor to the team, the 57-year-old Burke walked into his preferred neighborhood coffee shop wearing a grey Providence College sweatshirt and a leather jacket.

“I was floored, and I still am stunned. I’ve never been fired before,” he said about Wednesday’s announcement. “How am I doing? I’m doing okay.

This is my one and only statement on the firing of Brian Burke. Hockey is a tough sport and you have to be tough to be in it. You take the
Don Cherry @CoachsCornerCBC

Then he has 5 more.

I am sure Brian will suck it up and move on.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

From a money point of view, he's fine.

Not unlike Rogers/Bell to blindside someone, they do it all the time to their customers.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein