All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926 to Skippy25

to Skippy25

Re: Is this some kind of joke?

Look man, I have an Uncle who pirates everything under the sun and cut his TV subscription. Thats one less video customer for Cablevision, and its all the proof I need to back my theory that piracy causes less revenue for the MSO's
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25

And my aunts friend has a sister who knows someone that lives down the street that pirates everything under the sun and never had and never will have a TV subscription.

ITALIAN926

ITALIAN926

It doesnt matter one bit. My conclusive evidence that ONE CUSTOMER "cut the cord" directly because of pirating proves my statement that piracy erodes profits for the MSO's.

FURTHERMORE, Piracy leads to increased carriage fees in which the MSO's have to pay the stations ! Which leads to even more lost customers, and lost revenue.

now keep on skippin'

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

said by ITALIAN926:

It doesnt matter one bit. My conclusive evidence that ONE CUSTOMER "cut the cord" directly because of pirating proves my statement that piracy erodes profits for the MSO's.

But if the pirate pays for a $200 broadband package instead of a $50 broadband package and a $100 TV package, is the MSO losing money or profiting on the pirate?

ITALIAN926

ITALIAN926

He's not

The Limit
Premium Member
join:2007-09-25
Denver, CO

The Limit to ITALIAN926

Premium Member

to ITALIAN926
Oh I see. No hard evidence just OMG THIS GUY I KNOW DOES THIS argument.

Burden of proof is on you. Try again.

ITALIAN926

1 edit

ITALIAN926

quote:
Oh I see. No hard evidence just OMG THIS GUY I KNOW DOES THIS argument.

Burden of proof is on you. Try again.
WTF are you talking about? Pirating has caused the cable industry to lose about $50 a month (for basic) due to my UNCLE, and his lack of morals. What kind of evidence would you like, for me to turn him in and get a police report? ONE MAN out of MILLIONS COPYRIGHT INFRINGERS having an impact on the MSO's and entertainment industry. Have you even an ounce of common sense? Even if he was the ONLY ONE DOING IT, ITS STILL EVIDENCE OF LOST REVENUE.
Trencher
join:2007-02-12
Etobicoke, ON

Trencher to cdru

to cdru
*SUPER MEGA LIKE* lol... You hit the nail on the head!
Trencher

Trencher to ITALIAN926

to ITALIAN926
Did he raise his internet speed? I pirate all the time.. but I also spend about $3000 a year on video games and movies... I go to the movie theater often... I also have a TV provider... but as I say.. I pirate all the time...

ITALIAN926

ITALIAN926

Wow, I spend about $5000 a year in gasoline, thanks for telling me that logically I should be able to fill up and run off without paying; on occasion. I'll use your logic as my defense when I get caught.
gruntlord6
join:2010-06-10
Barrie, ON

gruntlord6 to ITALIAN926

to ITALIAN926
said by ITALIAN926:

He's not

You lose all credibility when you refuse to back your arguments.
gruntlord6

gruntlord6 to ITALIAN926

to ITALIAN926
said by ITALIAN926:

Wow, I spend about $5000 a year in gasoline, thanks for telling me that logically I should be able to fill up and run off without paying; on occasion. I'll use your logic as my defense when I get caught.

None of that was related to the discussion. You are an idiot

ITALIAN926

ITALIAN926

Its absolutely related, and if you cant correlate the two scenarios , YOU are the idiot.
ITALIAN926

ITALIAN926 to gruntlord6

to gruntlord6
quote:
You lose all credibility when you refuse to back your arguments.
What the hell are you talking about? United States Laws back my arguments. Stop breaking the law and we wont be having this discussion. There is nothing special about YOU that makes YOU exempt from rules the rest of us follow.
Understand now?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 edit

NormanS to ITALIAN926

MVM

to ITALIAN926
said by ITALIAN926:

So how much profit erosion am I causing by not paying for cable/satellite service? And do beware of your assumptions.