spc
uniqs
velocity7
join:2009-05-20

velocity7

Privacy issue?

Noticed this on the Bell website:

»www.bell.ca/Bell_Interne ··· _access#

If you put in your phone number, it'll give the full address connecting to that number, even if it's unlisted. Can anyone else confirm?
Riplin
join:2002-05-13
canada

Riplin

Yep same result here. I guess its no different than 411.ca showing an address either
Anzio
join:2008-11-22

Anzio to velocity7

to velocity7
Yeah, but the OP stated that unlisted numbers also show up (whereas I don't think they do on 411.ca). I can't confirm since I no longer have a landline with Bell- but that's interesting.
Riplin
join:2002-05-13
canada

Riplin

Yes, that would be very interesting. Possibly illegal

Micha3615
join:2004-08-21
Edmundston, NB

Micha3615

For me, I've just tried it and it didn't work for my phone number. But I noticed that if I switch to enter your postal code, it auto-populated the information.

Not cool, I will have a nice all with them tonight about this.

Frank_IT
Premium Member
join:2003-11-01
Montreal

Frank_IT to velocity7

Premium Member

to velocity7
For postal code, its public.. canada post have a reverse..

Micha3615
join:2004-08-21
Edmundston, NB

Micha3615

Yes I know but when you type your phone number that's unlisted it should populate the postal code in the other section. It doesn't give you the house number but it does give you the street name.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by Micha3615:

Yes I know but when you type your phone number that's unlisted it should populate the postal code in the other section. It doesn't give you the house number but it does give you the street name.

If you enter the postal code, it doesn't matter if the phone number is unlisted or not, because it's not using anything from the phone number to populate the rest of the information.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to Anzio

to Anzio
said by Anzio:

Yeah, but the OP stated that unlisted numbers also show up (whereas I don't think they do on 411.ca). I can't confirm since I no longer have a landline with Bell- but that's interesting.

I keyed in my unlisted phone number, and it came up with my address. Not cool at all.

kn00tcn
zero-zero
join:2006-04-19
Canada

kn00tcn to velocity7

to velocity7
uh does everyone already have or have had an account with bell that was tied to their phone number?