how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

digital808

join:2007-07-28
Mililani, HI

Ultimate Internet Speed Increase here in HI

Does anyone know if Oceanic will be offering any speed increase soon or if there is an increase but the public doesn't know about it yet? Currently we are maxed out at 50Mbps/5Mbps. Currently the local competitor has 50Mbps/5Mbps with an option of 10Mbps(Upload) for $10 more a month. Both company prices are very competitive but I'm hearing that the local competitor is slowly implementing "fiber to premises" in certain locations!

nephipower

join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX
This isn't specific to HI but check these threads out

»TWC Dallas, New Speed, Ultimate 75

»New speeds in KCMO

So in time we should see these speeds rollout across the country.

digital808

Mililani, HI
reply to digital808
Just noticed I'm having bonding of 6 channels vs 4 channels before

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
reply to digital808
I am sure Melee will know

Hob

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3
reply to digital808
can you post a screen shot of your signals? I am curious as to where they put the channels.

I know that Oceanic TWC just finished an 860MHz (1GHz) upgrade on all of the islands this month from 750MHz.

Dallas has 6 downstreams right now. NYC has areas that just went to 8 downstreams.

Konaguy
Live From Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Premium
join:2000-10-21
Kailua Kona, HI
Hawaiian Telcom offers the speed tiers from up to 20-50Mbps service in areas where they upgraded to FTTP and rolled out IPTV service.

These services are available on Oahu only at this time. However, Hawaiian Telcom bought Wavecom Solutions, which significantly increases their submarine fiber-optic cable bandwidth between the neighbor islands and Oahu.

I live on the Big Island and the maximum DSL speed I can get is 15Mbps.

Oceanic Time Warner Cable has no plans to increase the 50Mbps tier speeds. They're trying to roll out the new 15Mbps standard speed tier statewide, which entails testing to see if the network can support the additional speed. Oahu already got this speed increase.

Konaguy
Live From Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Premium
join:2000-10-21
Kailua Kona, HI
I checked my SB6141 modem stats. There is only four channels on my downstream, not six.

digital808

Mililani, HI
reply to digital808
Click for full size