kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Anveo
reply to dsl2u

Re: Anveo call quality and review?

said by dsl2u:

>Why did you switch from Voip.ms?

Inbound calls that went straight to voicemail, outbound calls that did not connect. This was causing my wife a great deal of frustration, which in turn made my life less straightforward. After six months with Anveo I think it's safe to say those days are behind me.

I was with VoIP,MS for more than two years, mostly satisfied, and I still have an account, but at this point it is only insurance in case Anveo has a problem.
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 11.0.2 on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI

dsl2u

join:2012-05-16
CANADA
Probably a very good idea to have 2 VOIP providers for incoming as long as they are on different networks, unaffected by the possible traffic or problems of each. Good insurance for a couple dollars per month.

jimmy111

@telus.net
just trying to decide to port my Vancouver cell to voip.ms or anveo...leaning towards anveo and their free plan....voip.ms call reception so far seems a little bit poor....only thing with anveo is you can only use the better codecs with their paid plans..

any recommendations one way or the other?

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
join:2009-06-21
Cyberspace
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
said by jimmy111 :

only thing with anveo is you can only use the better codecs with their paid plans..

You can't use the G.722 codec to/from POTS, it's only used for SIP calls and between Anveo customers.

said by »www.anveo.com/accountPreferences···nces.sip :

All Subscription Plans:G.711 ulaw (PCMu), GSM
Premium Plans (Starter and up): G.722, G.729

--
My VoIP News