join:2009-02-17
New York, NY
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to mwoodj

Re: [Other] Lingo pricing

People see the only things they want to see. What about just clicking at "About" link at Callcentric WEB site - this link is prominently visible at the bottom of each page there:

»www.callcentric.com/about/callcentric/

But it's true - one can get quick and helpful reply by contacting Callcentric support via their built-in Trouble-ticketing system which keeps a track of each post (including upload/download files links) until an issue is resolved.

Also - Verizon does have phone support. Have you ever tried calling it?

You don't have to switch to a company which seems risky to you.
IMHO - switch to a company you feel good with and have trust to - otherwise you're going to be disappointed and frustrated.

mwoodj

join:2001-10-27
Madison, AL
Reviews:
·Callcentric

I certainly didn't intend to offend. I looked at the product page, the support page, and the contact page. These are all places you usually expect to see a phone number prominently displayed. None of them have it. I'm not saying that there is a problem with handling support issues through a ticketing system. Some people prefer to ask sales and support questions over the phone is all. As far as being "in the know", I have been a member of this site since 2001 so I'm not exactly a newb off the street. I haven't had to keep up with VoIP companies for a long time. I left Digium in 2004 and I'm a software engineer not a telecommunications worker. I have been a Lingo customer for over 8 years with relatively few issues for all that time (an ATA died a few years ago and it needed to be swapped.) It is only the recent price increases that cause me to consider a change. So as a happy customer I haven't had to keep up with what companies have come and gone. I am just now starting to investigate what the options are. In my post here I simply wanted to know how much the provided discount affected this customers bill. I am happy to learn what Callcentric has to provide and that they do have a number I can contact. The truth is that I don't really need to pay for a lot of the Lingo features that my Asterisk server could easily provide me so this option is one that piques my interest. I will definitely look into it more. I would still like to know what happened with this persons bill though. Oh and I have always known that Primus owns Lingo and I was aware of their 2009 bankruptcy at the time.

Thanks!

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California
kudos:2

said by mwoodj:

I am just now starting to investigate what the options are. In my post here I simply wanted to know how much the provided discount affected this customers bill. I am happy to learn what Callcentric has to provide and that they do have a number I can contact. The truth is that I don't really need to pay for a lot of the Lingo features that my Asterisk server could easily provide me so this option is one that piques my interest.

May I suggest that you sign up for a free CallCentric IP Freedom account for testing purposes?

In-network and SIP Broker calls can be made without funding the account.

CallCentric also offers free New York State phone numbers (please read the E911 Cost Recovery Fee link on that page).