ymhee_bcex
Premium Member
join:2006-04-21
Tarzana, CA
·AT&T Wireless Br..

ymhee_bcex

Premium Member

problems with underlying carrier

Just don't say that on Voipo forum - or you would be slaughtered! A few sycophants form a tag team and don't accept any Voipo reason for a problem. It must be router, ISP, your stupidity - or Force majeure incompatibility!

Like any sycophants, they don't do Voipo any favor.
jacobslive
Premium Member
join:2007-11-25
San Jose, CA

jacobslive

Premium Member

said by ymhee_bcex:

A few sycophants form a tag team and don't accept any Voipo reason for a problem. It must be router, ISP, your stupidity - or Force majeure incompatibility!

This is a common practice with all service providers. It is always your fault, they are always perfect! lol

With VOIPo, at least I am getting a phone call/adequate response from customer service.

I totally understand your point though. I have seen certain responses on their forum which explains your opinion.

With my another service provider PhonePower, they do not even respond to emails unless until you start picking them up on their public forum or here at DSLR. Once they started up acquiring other VoIP providers such as voip.com, broadvoice they think customers has no more options but to listen to or take their BS. Interestingly they brought down the new signup price to 4.99 a month now desperate for new customers it seems.

ymhee_bcex
Premium Member
Tarzana, CA
·AT&T Wireless Br..

ymhee_bcex

Premium Member

PhonePower forum has one sycophant - but he is more outlandish than the whole Voipo fan club combined.

I never tried to email PhonePower, but phone calls get answered quickly and professionally. My PhonePower account is used in doctor's office; so if they have problems - those need to be resolved right away. I also like that when receptionist called support, they were able to resolve an issue without my involvement. That said, I think their pricing is very deceptive - actual cost is about twice what is shown in big letters of the front page. Where do you see $4.99?
jacobslive
Premium Member
San Jose, CA

jacobslive

Premium Member

said by ymhee_bcex:

PhonePower forum has one sycophant - but he is more outlandish than the whole Voipo fan club combined.
Where do you see $4.99?

ha ha I guess I know who is that sycophant lol

to get 4.99 price you need to go to whichvoip.com and click on the link provided for phonepower.

Their initial signup price is not deceptive but very fair I believe. If you talking about added tax and service fee, eveybody does that, even voipo. Once the initial contract is over then their price is far beyond fair.

As far as service concerned I never had to call them once the ATA is connected and running. Problems are with their website, their add on services such as soft phone, iPhone App, caller ID etc.

ymhee_bcex
Premium Member
Tarzana, CA
·AT&T Wireless Br..

ymhee_bcex

Premium Member

said by jacobslive:

ha ha I guess I know who is that sycophant lol

Heh, I saw he picked up a fight with you as well
said by jacobslive:

to get 4.99 price you need to go to whichvoip.com and click on the link provided for phonepower.

Thank you, I didn't know about this site!
said by jacobslive:

Their initial signup price is not deceptive but very fair I believe. If you talking about added tax and service fee, everybody does that, even voipo. Once the initial contract is over then their price is far beyond fair.

Even voipo! What, voipo is now a gold standard for transparency? Well, unlike PhonePower, Voipo doesn't bill you $50 for the second year. What you pay upfront is indeed total cost for 2 years.

$8.33 per month that is in big digits on PP's front page actually turns into $13 after fees (60% on top what's advertised). On the other hand, $14.99/mo that is quoted on VoicePulse's front page turns into $15.89 after 6% sales tax. Funny, that PhonePower is still a better deal than VoicePulse (especially with two lines, softphone and SIP credentials) - but it certainly looks very deceptive!

And my understanding is that $75/year that Future Nine is showing on their front page actually means $75... I am itching for an excuse to sign up with them
jacobslive
Premium Member
San Jose, CA

jacobslive

Premium Member

Ha, yeah we pick on each other some times, still we are good buddies.

You are welcome!

Yeah I forgot about the second year charge PP has as tax/service fee. Anyways, I don't think I will ever go back to them even if they bring the price down to 1.99/month. There is no customer service, broken applications, broken Caller ID database. I don't feel any itch whatsoever now Matter of fact, I pulled out my second PP adapter and routed the call to VOIPo number and opened a brand new account with VOIPo instead of that I knew PP has 5/mo plan available. Screw them for now!