All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Dr Facts
@gc.ca

Dr Facts to dillyhammer

Anon

to dillyhammer

Re: What time is the hearing for Jan14th?

>I was also somewhat encouraged by TSI's posture today. Not a lot, but some anyway.

I'm wondering if TSI has been playing opossum, seems to me they helped throw a few spanners into the TrollWorks and Voltage seemed pretty pissed about it.

If the judge is questioning the validity of the "evidence" Voltage has gathered then this all might go the exact opposite of what I thought.

We could be on the cusp of ending these lawsuits before they start.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

said by Dr Facts :

We could be on the cusp of ending these lawsuits before they start.

This will only encourage the Americans to steamroller us with the TPP sooner.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Dr Facts

Premium Member

to Dr Facts
quote:
Judge: What is the connection between IP number and parties. Not automatically apparent what that is. #voltage (PAnderson)
This is very important.

It is absolutely obvious to anyone that an IP address does not equal a single person using that IP address, and that person being the account holder.

I would think that if the judge is seeking this info, that it can be very easily explained to him.
stevey_frac
join:2009-12-09
Cambridge, ON

stevey_frac

I read it as, the judge was unwilling to make a pronouncement and set a precedent, but was subtly hinting to Voltage that what they are attempting was unconscionable. That, combined with asking how Voltage attempted to deal with 1000 defendants in his court indicates to me that the judge knows what's going on.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by stevey_frac:

I read it as, the judge was unwilling to make a pronouncement and set a precedent, but was subtly hinting to Voltage that what they are attempting was unconscionable. That, combined with asking how Voltage attempted to deal with 1000 defendants in his court indicates to me that the judge knows what's going on.

Yes & no..

He said he already had a major case that is taking up his time, and didn't know whether or not he'd be able to take this case on on top of the original major case.
Which was why he wasn't going to make any major decisions, so that another judge who did have the time - as this is going to a major full day court date sometime after the 22nd - could make all the decisions, without some other judge's decisions/prejudices getting in the way.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

1 edit

MaynardKrebs to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

quote:
Judge: What is the connection between IP number and parties. Not automatically apparent what that is. #voltage (PAnderson)
This is very important.

It is absolutely obvious to anyone that an IP address does not equal a single person using that IP address, and that person being the account holder.

I would think that if the judge is seeking this info, that it can be very easily explained to him.

We all thought that it would be easy to 'splain simple things to 'Konrad and the Commissioners'tm too.
Look how long that took to sink in, and how much shit ensued because it didn't sink in early on. We're still dealing with the fallout from that 5+ years later.

Konrad and the Commissioners is a registered trademark of Maynard G. Krebs Enterprises, Panama, Limited.
All Rights Reserved.