Maxo
Your tax dollars at work.
Premium,VIP
join:2002-11-04
Tallahassee, FL

2 edits

What some Linux users write about Windows [Humor]

said by »www.brankovukelic.com/2013/01/on···top.html :

I have this Linux system on my PC which has become a bit boring (no, it's not crashed or anything... I just got a bit bored), so I decided to replace it with Windows 7 (some friends told me to not even try Windows 8 because it has an advanced interface nobody was able to figure out yet).

I really did not set the bar too high: I just hoped to have a nice user-friendly interface and recover the email I have in Maildir, and maybe watch my video collection on an external hard drive. You know, the usual stuff I do on Linux every day.

A joke based on »jonas.lophus.org/2013/1/on-the-s···top.html
--
"Padre, nobody said war was fun now bowl!" - Sherman T Potter

»maxolasersquad.com/

»maxolasersquad.blogspot.com

»www.facebook.com/maxolasersquad

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2

Win 8 jokes are not funny. That OS is so bad it's tragic! It's like making fun of a mentally challenged kid. It's just something you do not do. I am 100% serious about this (it is not a joke).
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

Drunkula
Premium
join:2000-06-12
Denton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Maxo

I actually bought the Win8 upgrade since it's currently $39 for Pro and I may have to support some customers that may be running it. I installed it on my laptop. I thoroughly despise it so far. The only redeeming quality is the app Pinball FX2. It's fun.

Regardless I may wipe it out and install some form of Debian based distro. Win7 worked fine although a bit slow on the laptop. Win8 - a horrid experience all around.
--
There are 10 types of people that understand binary numbers. Those that do - and those that do not...