All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

Re: Rogers Killing Cable TV

Well, this is going nowhere on Google. Does anyone have the complete or even partial list of Satellite TV providers for southwestern Ontario? I want to steer clear of Bell. Thanks
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by elitefx:

Well, this is going nowhere on Google. Does anyone have the complete or even partial list of Satellite TV providers for southwestern Ontario? I want to steer clear of Bell. Thanks

Based on Satellite TV, Ontario, not Bell:

Shaw Direct

rosenqui
Premium Member
join:2004-05-28
Kanata, ON

rosenqui to elitefx

Premium Member

to elitefx
If you want anything more than the basic over-the-air networks, you'll be hard pressed to find anything less than $40. I looked into it last spring when we dumped Bell Satellite and took another look last week when writing about Zazeen's new offering.

Shaw Direct's $30 package is the best you can do, but that's rather crippled and if you're happy with it, you'd probably also be happy with the free Local Television Satellite Solution program Shaw has. Expand the first highlighted item on that page to get more info, and don't worry about the Nov 2012 date - the program has been extended through to the end of Nov 2013:

»www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archi ··· 128a.htm
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to bt

to bt
The only satellite providers in Canada are Bell, Telus and Shaw Direct. Telus is a Bell reseller, so really there are only 2 providers.

Also you'd be hardpressed to find much of a price difference between satellite and cable.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

said by yyzlhr:

The only satellite providers in Canada are Bell, Telus and Shaw Direct. Telus is a Bell reseller, so really there are only 2 providers.

Also you'd be hardpressed to find much of a price difference between satellite and cable.

Thanks. You're absolutely right EXCEPT for the same money from Shaw I can get roughly 113 channels versus the 47 I currently get from Rogers and we get to say goodbye to Rogers Cable TV as a Bonus. After 60 years we're sick to death of their thieving ways. My Rogers internet is on the chopping block next. Time for a clean sweep in 2013.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

I was looking at Shaw but I didn't see any $30 plan, I saw that there was a 6 month discount to take it to $30..but no $30 plan....

How hard is it to get DirecTV? Does anyone here have it? Although looking at the prices, they ain't a hell of a lot better either. (although they are better..just not a hell of a lot)

rosenqui
Premium Member
join:2004-05-28
Kanata, ON

rosenqui

Premium Member

said by J E F F4:

I was looking at Shaw but I didn't see any $30 plan, I saw that there was a 6 month discount to take it to $30..but no $30 plan....

It's called "Digital Lite" and it's hidden by default on their programming page. Go to their Store/Programming and then click on the "View All Packages" link under "Action 2: Choose your package".