canada
kudos:2
reply to jcremin

Re: Different speeds for different technologies

I have too many tiers....

on 900 i have 1.5/512
on 5.8 I have 2/1, 2/2. 5/2, 5/5
on fiber, I have 1.5/1.5, 3.5/3.5, 5/5.

They almost all have different prices which are somewhat in line with the speeds. There's only so much you can do though. Basically, they all have to have different prices and explain to people that that's what they get. All of the wireless speeds are based on reasonableness of the frequencies to handle those speeds.

jcremin

join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI
kudos:2

said by prairiesky:

They almost all have different prices which are somewhat in line with the speeds.

And I think rather than defining my tiers based on speeds, I might define them based on prices. I plan on doing fiber later this year too, and across the 3 vastly different speed tiers, I plan on keeping pricing the same, $40, $60, $80.

I'm thinking along the lines of: Here's the $40 package, and then give a couple columns with the speeds. So on the "core" network, you get 1 meg, on the "extended network, you get 768k. I could easily add a third column for "fiber" pricing with whatever speed that ends up being. Then I do the same for the $60 package and the $80 packages.

I'll just have to try putting it together visually and see how understandable it looks on paper. If nothing else, I have a "home show" coming up in about 2 months that I'll have plenty of opportunities to test out different methods on a bunch of different people and see what seems to make the most sense to people.