share rss forum feed

schaps
Premium
join:2004-01-15
Saint Paul, MN
reply to rustydusty

Re: DLINK DAP-2553

said by rustydusty:

...I may purchase a second just to try the WDS aspect.

I configured two of those to spread four SSIDs on separate VLANs into an unwired space using WDS for a couple months about a year and a half ago, and it worked pretty well.
My only disappointment is that they cannot do simultaneous dual-band.
--
--------------------------

Edumacational Technoconologist

Metroking

join:2013-01-25

im using the DAP-1353, im trying to hook up a WDS using 5 of them,only one SSID to be broadcasted, but its taken me to hell and back i keep getting signal conflicts and a lot of down time. please assist. i know im doing something wrong but i cant tell exactly what. thanks.

schaps
Premium
join:2004-01-15
Saint Paul, MN

It's a different model, I did it a year or so ago, and I am no expert, so I don't think I can help you. But I'd definitely say to try to get just two to work first before attempting to ramp it up to 5. Can you get two reliably linked? Are you using the best channel with the least interference in the area?
--
--------------------------

Edumacational Technoconologist

Metroking

join:2013-01-25

well determining the the best channel is kind of hard since WDS does not support channel switchingng, do yo have an alternative to finding the best channel?. i just wana know how was your WDS set up, coz Dlink AP's tend to have the same config interface.